Hi, I just got access to a Enterprise environment from where I work.

First.  Is there any other way to import/open oml file from my own personal environment to this enterprise environment?  How about copy and paste?

Another question is when working under multiple developers environment, is it possible to have my own private folder so my testing code/app will no expose to any person?  Right now, everything I add to the environment can be seen/use by any login user which is definitely a big no-no to me!

Please help and thanks in advance.

William

Hello William.

About the first point, IPP prevents the copy between different enterprises. The best place to get a clear for upload version is https://www.outsystems.com/homeIpp/IPP_Page.aspx

About the second point, if you are working in a different app, the admin can give permissions at a project level so team 1 only sees some project 1 and team 2 sees project 2. If it is on the same project, you have a Run and Debug in the Personal Area option under the Debugger menu. Your code is compiled for a folder that is yours for you to test. The .oml isn't saved in the server, it is not shared with others or merged. Inconvenient: the DB is still shared so if you need to change DB, you need to publish.

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello William.

About the first point, IPP prevents the copy between different enterprises. The best place to get a clear for upload version is https://www.outsystems.com/homeIpp/IPP_Page.aspx

About the second point, if you are working in a different app, the admin can give permissions at a project level so team 1 only sees some project 1 and team 2 sees project 2. If it is on the same project, you have a Run and Debug in the Personal Area option under the Debugger menu. Your code is compiled for a folder that is yours for you to test. The .oml isn't saved in the server, it is not shared with others or merged. Inconvenient: the DB is still shared so if you need to change DB, you need to publish.

Hi @William,

@Nuno as far as I know you cannot transfer IPP from a Personal Environment to an Enterprise environment without put your app in the forge first. IPP only works from enterprise.

Depending of the case I know that OutSystems can allow you to transfer in that scenario, I would say that you @William should open a ticket and they will investigate your case.

This info can be checked here: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Personal_Environment/Move_apps_from_your_personal_to_an_enterprise_subscription

Asking OS also works, but OS only does that passage once for each client so ask everything at once.

I think IPP works for PE; at least it was said here a couple years ago https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/18447/move-applications-from-personal-environment-to-development-environment/

You are right @Nuno, it was supports but it is not anymore.

Those are the only ways that you, @William, hava to transfer applications from personal to enterprise.

Thank you both.  I got only one app worth to transfer anyway, I can open a ticket for this.

Thanks again.

William

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello William.

Hi Nuno,

So does that mean every time I create a prototype, I have to ask the admin to change the access right to make this prototype private?

Solution

WilliamW wrote:

Hi Nuno,

So does that mean every time I create a prototype, I have to ask the admin to change the access right to make this prototype private?

No. The admin only needs to go to Lifetime, create a Team William secret team with one team member (William), and add the application William's Sandbox there. Then you use that application for your stuff and you create all the modules/extensions in there without bothering the admin (as long as you have permissions to Change & Deploy Applications). You can also give someone a List role just to see what you're doing. The others are out of the picture and have no clue of what you're doing. They can't even create references.

Who has higher permissions (like platform admins) can still see what you're doing, but not the other development teams.

Check it here with pictures

About the IPP I just confirmed William Antunes information. You can't move Personal->Enterprise or Personal->Personal with the IPP page. Only by manually redoing it or sharing in the Forge.

Solution

Nuno Reis wrote:

WilliamW wrote:

Hi Nuno,

No. The admin only needs to go to Lifetime, create a Team William secret team with one team member (William), and add the application William's Sandbox there. Then you use that application for your stuff and you create all the modules/extensions in there without bothering the admin (as long as you have permissions to Change & Deploy Applications). You can also give someone a List role just to see what you're doing. The others are out of the picture and have no clue of what you're doing. They can't even create references.

Who has higher permissions (like platform admins) can still see what you're doing, but not the other development teams.

Check it here with pictures

About the IPP I just confirmed William Antunes information. You can't move Personal->Enterprise or Personal->Personal with the IPP page. Only by manually redoing it or sharing in the Forge.

Suppose admin create a secret team for me.  Not only I can create apps like in my own personal environment, but also I can transfer/import/copy my works to that real team account since both are sharing the same infrastructure, correct?

William

The infrastructure is the same.

I don't think developers should be creating apps. Let the admin create the apps and give everyone access as needed. Otherwise you will know it is yours, but the admin won't and days later someone gets access to it, creates a reference and everything breaks.

Developers can create modules inside the apps.

You mentioned your personal environment. Remember that there you are the admin. In the enterprise it may not be like that. If everyone is admin, everyone can see/use everything.

About the import you can't import from PE. You must open a ticket at support or upload/download in the forge (or recreate manually). If it is a copy from another enterprise environment you can use the IPP page to do it.