Restrict Access to Developers to a particular Application

Hi,

How to restrict access to some developers to a particular application so that they are not able to edit the modules in service studio ? Is it possible?

Regards,

Manthan Shah

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

This should help :

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Manage_IT_Teams/About_Permission_Levels

Cheers

Hi Tushar Panpaliya,

The link shared by you describes permissions for all application in LifeTime but I need to apply permissions to certain users to use certain permission for certain application.

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Solution

Manthan Shah wrote:

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

This should help :

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Manage_IT_Teams/About_Permission_Levels

Cheers

Hi Tushar Panpaliya,

The link shared by you describes permissions for all application in LifeTime but I need to apply permissions to certain users to use certain permission for certain application.

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Hi Tushar Panpaliya,

I solved it thanks for help. 

I followed the following steps:

I created a role having just List Permission in all the environments. Then I added a user and gave him that role and then I granted a role to some of the applications.

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Solution

Manthan Shah wrote:

Manthan Shah wrote:

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

This should help :

Cheers

Hi Tushar Panpaliya,

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Hi Tushar Panpaliya,

I created a role having just List Permission in all the environments. Then I added a user and gave him that role and then I granted a role to some of the applications.

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Good to know. 

Cheers!

Manthan Shah wrote:

Manthan Shah wrote:

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

This should help :

Cheers

Hi Tushar Panpaliya,

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Hi Tushar Panpaliya,

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Hi Manthan,

I have created everything as you mentioned it is working fine .User is able to access those applications only but what configuration should we do if user want to create a new application in a particular environment.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Pavani

Hi Pavani,

Usually what I see being done is the creation of a new application is controlled by someone/team with enough privileges, that also assigns application specific roles to the developers. From that moment onwards the developer is autonomous.

Hi Jorge,

You mean that we cannot provide such type of access to user to create a new application, If the user want to get any application from forge will he able to get?

Thanks,

Pavani.

Pavani Puvvada wrote:

Hi Jorge,

You mean that we cannot provide such type of access to user to create a new application, If the user want to get any application from forge will he able to get?

Thanks,

Pavani.

No he won't. He will be able to see only those application in forge which he has access to.

Pavani,

Since LifeTime became the tool where you define your access-control, you can only easily provide five access levels to users: No Access, List Applications, Reuse & Monitor, Change & Deploy, Full Access. In order to create new applications (or install them from the Forge), the user needs to have Change & Deploy default access to the environment (which means by default they have deploy access to all applications).

Finer-grained control may still be possible but I'm not sure how, you will likely need to contact OutSystems to determine if it is possible at all and if so, how can it be achieved.

Hi Pavani,

What we do is set up a 'Junior_Dev' role that has full access only in the Dev environment and List for everything else, which allows them to create new applications as needed. We then assign permissions to expand on those basic level rights on a per application basis.

At least, that's the method my organization uses.

Warmest,

D.C. Ballard