Android broadcast receiver equivalent in outsystems

Hi Narendra,

Like I said in your other question, you really need to provide some background. We're here to help you, but you're just shouting at us now, you're not even formulating an actual question. If you can't come up with a decent way to communicate with the community, no-one here will want to help you.

Hi Thanks for the reply

I am not shouting at anyone. As I am from Android Native background I am just looking for things like a broadcast- receiver, services, etc in Outsystems

Android apps can send or receive broadcast messages from the Android system and other Android apps, similar to the publish-subscribe design pattern. These broadcasts are sent when an event of interest occurs. For example, the Android system sends broadcasts when various system events occur, such as when the system boots up or the device starts charging. 

Hi,

To push notifications there is a couple of options. Dunno if any also let you receive.

Regards,

Marcelo

Push notification is something different.

Let me give you an example lets say when a user connects the charger to his device android broadcast this event, once my app receives it I can take the corresponding action in my app.

One more, Say user connects a headphone, my app will receive that event and I could lower the volume of my music app.

Narendra Kothamire wrote:

Hi Narendra,

I completely agree with Killian,

Please read Eduardo's guide to asking questions, and then follow its recommendations, I'm sure it will make your interactions here much more productive.

Perhaps comijng too your post,I too work on Android Native.

Let me know below things:

- Why you need Broadcast receiver in Outsystem App, If we get to know actual requirement I am sure all of us here at forum can help u quickly.

- Assif

I have already given examples

Let me give you an example lets say when a user connects the charger to his device android broadcast this event, once my app receives it I can take the corresponding action in my app.

One more, Say user connects a headphone, my app will receive that event and I could lower the volume of my music app.

Narendra Kothamire wrote:

Hi Narendra,

I completely agree with Killian,

Please read Eduardo's guide to asking questions, and then follow its recommendations, I'm sure it will make your interactions here much more productive.

Perhaps comijng too your post,I too work on Android Native.

Let me know below things:

- Why you need Broadcast receiver in Outsystem App, If we get to know actual requirement I am sure all of us here at forum can help u quickly.

- Assif

There's, No any component right now on Forge for the Broadcast,

But you can refer this Cordova Plugin for accessing the Intent & Handling, You can refer this Git Repo & Create your Own Forge Component under Outsystem.

https://github.com/napolitano/cordova-plugin-intent

And if you are done with that , then it just a matter of declaring/registering the particular desired Intent, No matter whether it is a Charger Connect  or Low Battery or Internet Connect or Message.

Ref Guide by Alexandra, to Create Own Component - https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/22367/the-complete-guide-to-creating-forge-components/#Post87773

Cheers

Hi Narendra,

I was talking about "shouting" since you used very big letters.

As for OutSystems Mobile, it creates hybrid apps that use modules that wrap Cordova plugins to communicate with the phone's devices. There's a number of standard wrappers available in the Forge, but it's also possible to create one's own wrappers using existing Cordova plug-ins (or even writing your own, if that's your thing).

Please don't create posts that say "is X available", as you can find out yourself searching the Forge.

I apologize for that It was due to copy paste.