How to Import Image from excel

Hi,

I tried to Import image using path name of the system in excel,when i try to upload it throws following error.I have attached the excel file with the path location

Thanks

R.karthik

Hi Karthik,

The OutSystems software runs on a server. The path is probably on your computer? The server can't fetch something from your computer (and you can probably figure why that's a good thing).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Karthik,

The OutSystems software runs on a server. The path is probably on your computer? The server can't fetch something from your computer (and you can probably figure why that's a good thing).

Hi Kilian,

Then how we can load images from excel using the path

Solution

Hi Karthik,

You can't. Those files are local on your computer. There's no way the server can access them.

Depending on the size of the images, you could ZIP them and manually upload the ZIP and then process it. Alternatively, you could put the images on a network drive (if you have an on-premise server), or use something like Google Drive or Dropbox (if it's in the cloud).

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Karthik,

You can't. Those files are local on your computer. There's no way the server can access them.

Depending on the size of the images, you could ZIP them and manually upload the ZIP and then process it. Alternatively, you could put the images on a network drive (if you have an on-premise server), or use something like Google Drive or Dropbox (if it's in the cloud).

Hi kilian,

Whether we need to zip the images or excel file,if we zip image alone how we can assign different images for different user id.

My actual requirement is to upload images for more than 30 users instead of uploading it manually one by one.just with one click of a button all images should be uploaded.

Hi Karthik,

I gave you various ideas on how to do that. The bottom line is: you need to get the images available to the server. There are a lot of different scenarios possible, but obviously I'm not in a position to write your software ;).

Hi Karthik,

If you have the access to the server: one suggestion is, place all files there, map with your excel file for example, and process the info, then you can list and delete all processed files.

It's one way from millions ways

Best regards