Combo Box For Boolean Data

As mentioned in the Title, is it possible to use combo box for boolean data without affecting DB?

I have a combobox in a row of a list of Aggregate. I simply set up the special list values and options of the combobox, but unsure how to call the value of it and update the row according to its Current.Id

Hi Stephen,

Why do you want to use a combo box for this?

Common scenario:

Your entity has a BOOLEAN attribute (like IsSelected, HasSomething, etc).
You have a TableRecords in the screen associated with an aggregate that fetches data from this entity.

Then you want to allow the user to change this field, without the need to enter a Detail Screen.

Drag and Drop a CHECKBOX to the template line of the TableRecords and associate it to the boolean attribute of the Current of the TableRecords List.

Set the OnChange of the Checkbox to call a ScreenAction when the checkbox value is changed.

In the ScreenAction, just use the EntityUpdate action to update the value in the database, passing the Current of the TableRecords List, as it has the value already updated. Or do whatever you want at this point, as the Current of the TableRecords List will be pointing to the line the user clicked the checkbox.

Done.

What exactly you need to do differently of this?

Cheers.

Hi Stephen,

Check if the module in attachment helps you in any way. The problem is that you can't a Boolean has a special value of a combobox. And there is where the value is saved.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Check if the module in attachment helps you in any way. The problem is that you can't a Boolean has a special value of a combobox. And there is where the value is saved.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, I was able to use a boolean. Oml attached.

Hi Roman,

You are right. I was using the wrong values for special List. If understand correctly the problem the attachment should be the solution.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Roman,

You are right. I was using the wrong values for special List. If understand correctly the problem the attachment should be the solution.

Regards,

Marcelo

Correct, Marcelo. 

Regards,

Roman