Missing System Entity

Dear all,

after working all afternoon on a new (web-)application, suddenly (after having published already several times) the publish is going wrong:

"Missing Entity

System Entity 'User' was not found. Probably the current module was migrated from another OutSystems Server. Please, ensure that the module that contains the 'User' entity definition is also migrated."

Any help??

thanks in advance !!

Hi,

Did you check in manage dependencies if the entity "User" is selected?

did you already try to recover by a previous version and see if it's broken?

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

opened the last correct published version and published that again with the same error.
Now i just removed all 'user' dependencies, fixed all the error's (GetUser-stuff) and published correctly...
Strange thingy........

Jeroen Vormer wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

opened the last correct published version and published that again with the same error.
Now i just removed all 'user' dependencies, fixed all the error's (GetUser-stuff) and published correctly...
Strange thingy........

Hi Jeroen,

Did you already try to create a new app just for test and see if the User Entity exist and if the problem persist?

That's really strange...

Hi Ricardo,

indeed a very strange thing.I deleted all reference and expressions using the system user entity, but now i have look-a-like problems with System Entity "Espace":

Jeroen Vormer wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

indeed a very strange thing.I deleted all reference and expressions using the system user entity, but now i have look-a-like problems with System Entity "Espace":

Let's see a few things: 

The User Table, in manage dependencies, appears to you? Or just disappear? Is selected?

Did you already try to enter Users application? If yes, is everything ok?

Your talking about a on permises or cloud Outsystems account?

Hello Jeroen,

This seems to me a "permission" problem.
You need to see if the user you are using has permission to deal with system entities. 

It is probably not allowed in Service Center.

Cheers.

But now, just wanted to publish an old version:

I think something broken :-(

Regarding my permissions:
I'm Administrator:

I cannot find the checkbox Eduardo has mentioned......

Jeroen Vormer wrote:

But now, just wanted to publish an old version:

I think something broken :-(

Regarding my permissions:
I'm Administrator:

I cannot find the checkbox Eduardo has mentioned......

Can you share your OML with us?

It's just an application which shows all espaces, versions, modules etc... Just like DBCleaner, but without the cleaning part.....

Created a new module, tried to publish, same error:

Hereby the corresponding OML

Jeroen,

This appears in your Data tab?

Also get this:

@Ricardo:

Yes:

Did you try to see if everything is OK in Service Center? Look for that eSpaces and see if you have any error.

Hi Jeron,

Sorry, you are using LifeTime, being Administrator is enough.

Please, remove and add again the reference for those entities.
As your environment was upgraded, the references may be broken (for system entities).

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

my environment wasn't opgraded, but i'll try.....

Cheers !!!!

Hi Eduardo,

didn't work :-( ...

Even created a completely new application and even that gives the missing (system) entity errors.

Could it have someting to do with difference in Service Studio Versions?

Hi Jeroen,

Did you change the catalog that's being used by this module?

Regards,
Lennart

Hi Lennart,

did not change the catalog. I don't even can find the page you are showing.......

Regards,

Jeroen

It in eSpace, tab operation:

This could cause the fact that it cannot find some entities that are in another catalog.

I think something is very wrong.
When i look (using DBCleaner) to the tablesize page, i see in my environment this

When i look to another environment, i see this:

But maybe i'm wrong?

Same here:

Versus:

Hi Jeroen,

A question. Is your environment a Personal Environment? If not, is it in the cloud or is an on-premises environment?

I download your OML, uploaded to a version 11 server (my Personal), and published without any problem.

So, I would say that is something wrong with your USER or with your environment, but to know which type of environment are you working is mandatory to try to help discover what is going on.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

it is not my personal environment, but an enterprise in the cloud.....

Cheers.....

Well...

If you didn't change any server configuration, like limiting your own access rights, you are not using the wrong user in Service Studio, there was no platform upgrade and no one messed with the database, and assuming everything is green in Service Center Environment Helth, I would say that is time for you to hit the Support.

Cheers.

Tables in DBcleaner that don't display mean that they are not associated with any module.

Some of them are normal (for example the OSLOG_, OSEVT_ and *_ML tables) since they technically are not entities in modules.

But it is definitely not normal to have all those entities on that state, specially the Users table.

Since you have an enterprise cloud environment I think you should get this troubleshooted with OutSystems Support and see what is wrong on your environment.

Is it possible that you changed something by mistake in system entities on your module? Was it 100% just List screens or had edit pages?

Regards,
João Rosado