I want to display a SOAP response in my mobile screen.

What I have is a SOAP WSDL .txt file (not a URL), and a client IP (looks like http://12.34.56.789:80) that I was given permission to access over the internet.

Now if I use a software like SOAPUI-5.4.1 wherein I provide:

1.  the IP

2.  the WSDL .txt file

3.  and the XML request

I'm able to fetch a successful response. It returns a bunch of data in XML form.

How do I do this in Outsystems mobile and display my selected response properties in the screen??
I've already checked the Consume a SOAP Web Service documentation and it doesn't seem to fit my situation. I also checked Youtube and Google for possible examples but nothing. Why are our guide/tutorials so limited?

Hi Helios,

To consume the SOAP Sevice (assuming it's compatible with OutSystems), simply specify the path of the WSDL in the Consume SOAP Web Service dialog:

Why do you think the documentation doesn't fit your situation?

Hi Helios,

have you tried Kilian Hekhuis hint? guess it would be the only suitable way to consume a web service via Outsystems. You basically indicate the WSDL in the address field that Kilian Hekhuis indicated. Then OS reads that WSDL and automatically creates the method with the correct Input/Output parameters based on that WSDL,

if you tried and are not successful, share to us the WSDL or your .OML file so we can take a look and try to understand,

Cheers

VC

@Kilian

@Vincent

First of all thanks for replying.

I've already done what you're showing which is to use Server Action to Consume a SOAP Web Service. I can see the different SOAP methods. That's now where my problem lies.

My problem is I want to emulate what I'm doing in SOAPUI where given a client's IP, Basic Authentication, and an XML request , I can fetch a data response from the client's IP via SOAP Web Service. To illustrate more clearly here's a picture:

How would I go about doing this in Outsystems?

Solution

Hi Helios,

If you're trying the log the full HTTP response for troubleshooting reasons, you can increase the logging level to Full in Service Center > eSpace details > Integrations tab > Consumed service properties. The logs will then be available under Monitoring > Integrations.

However, if you're trying to build a client similar to SOAPUI (accepting a dynamic service definition), you will need to build the request yourself - take a look at the ardoHTTP component from the Forge.

Solution

Paulo Ramos wrote:

Hi Helios,

If you're trying the log the full HTTP response for troubleshooting reasons, you can increase the logging level to Full in Service Center > eSpace details > Integrations tab > Consumed service properties. The logs will then be available under Monitoring > Integrations.

However, if you're trying to build a client similar to SOAPUI (accepting a dynamic service definition), you will need to build the request yourself - take a look at the ardoHTTP component from the Forge.

"However, if you're trying to build a client similar to SOAPUI (accepting a dynamic service definition), you will need to build the request yourself - take a look at the ardoHTTP component from the Forge."

This is the closest thing to what I'm trying to do. Thank you so much. Will keep you posted.

Paulo Ramos wrote:

Hi Helios,

This solved my predicament. Thank you so much for ardoHTTP!