unable to open specific div in Email Template

Hi

i have one email template.in that email template i have two language.one is English another one Spanish.if i click on English link then  English div will come and if i click on Spanish then Spanish div will come.how to solve this?

Hi Arkyadeep Bharadwaj,

I think it's not possible to do what you trying to do on an e-mail because the e-mail is rendered before sending. I suggest that you send the e-mail in English and add a link for Spanish version. This link would redirect for a webpage with the Spanish text.

Regards,

Cátia

Solution

Hi Arkyadeep,

Like Cátia already said, this is not possible. HTML e-mail is rendered by the e-mail client, not by a fully fledged web browser, and they are contained in the e-mail, not fetched from a web server. So many things that are possible in a Web Screen are not possible in an E-mail Screen (like Screen Actions and such). E-mail is static content only. Cátia has a good suggestion how to make an alternate language text available.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:i need this.how to achieve this.any idea from any one

Hi Arkyadeep,

Like Cátia already said, this is not possible. HTML e-mail is rendered by the e-mail client, not by a fully fledged web browser, and they are contained in the e-mail, not fetched from a web server. So many things that are possible in a Web Screen are not possible in an E-mail Screen (like Screen Actions and such). E-mail is static content only. Cátia has a good suggestion how to make an alternate language text available.

Hi Arkyadeep,

What exactly do you need, other than switching tabs in an e-mail? You really can't do that. It's not a limitation of OutSystems, it's how e-mail clients handle e-mail. They simply don't allow this. Like I said, static content only!

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:Hi

i have to implement this below format.in this whole email i have all language Static Content.if i click English then refer to English Content if i click Deutsche then refer to Deutsche Content.How to achieve this.i have old email of Client.They already implemented Same Functionality but not in outsystems.

Please help me.

Hi Arkyadeep,

What exactly do you need, other than switching tabs in an e-mail? You really can't do that. It's not a limitation of OutSystems, it's how e-mail clients handle e-mail. They simply don't allow this. Like I said, static content only!

HI Arkyadeep,

You should really ask them then how they did it. Do you have an example e-mail in which they pulled this off? Because as far as my knowledge goes, this can't be done, but then again, I'm no expert in HTML e-mail. But without a working example it's difficult to tell how to do it (if it's at all possible).