According to the documentation, there's an Edit Record widget that, unlike a Form widget, doesn't require a Source Record.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Web_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Edit_Record_Widget

That would be perfect for my current application since I don't want to save the input values. But when I search the widgets for "Edit" it doesn't show up. 

The docs don't mention having to add a separate dependency. How do I get this widget?

HI ed Sadler,

This widget applies only to Web Applications.

I have OS 11 and have the widget available

Hope this can help

regards

Tiago Queirós wrote:

Yes, I am trying to get a form together to create an email and had it partially done. Then I wanted to try with the Edit Record widget without messing with the work I had already done so I cpied and pasted the Web Screen and it gave me options as to what to paste it as. I chose Email thinking that might help but evidently that was a poor choice.

HI ed Sadler,

Hope this can help

regards

Ted Sadler wrote:

Tiago Queirós wrote:

Yes, I am trying to get a form together to create an email and had it partially done. Then I wanted to try with the Edit Record widget without messing with the work I had already done so I cpied and pasted the Web Screen and it gave me options as to what to paste it as. I chose Email thinking that might help but evidently that was a poor choice.

HI ed Sadler,

Hope this can help

regards

Hi,

In email you can't use o edit record because the e-mail is rendered before sending so when the user receive the email he can't edit content

Regards