BulkInsert Column mapping issue

Hi,

I am using Bulk Insert for uploading data from record List into Entity.

For Table name I have used Prefix assign by OutSystems to an Entity.

and in ReferenceColumns I have passed Name of Columns Seperated by Comma without any prefix or table name using ColumName variable as Shown below

But while doing the process I am getting following error.

"The given ColumnMapping does not match up with any column in the source or destination."

Can anyone please guide whats actually need to be passed or mapped to ReferenceColumns or I am missing something.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhaval

Hi Dhaval,

You should not hardcode the physical table name and column name, it can be different depending on the environment where your application is deployed and run. 

You can retrieve it with the following query:

SELECT PHYSICAL_TABLE_NAME FROM OSSYS_ENTITY WHERE NAME = <NameForOutsystemsEntityInServiceStudio>. 

Then save the output of this query in a local text parameter, which you then pass to the BulkInsert action.

Find the actual column name using a query on JOIN of OSSYS_ENTITY and OSSSY_ENTITY_ATTR with WHERE clause by service studio name of entity and service studio name of the entity attribute.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Hi Dhaval,

You don't need to use ReferenceColumns. What you need to do is get the physical table name as Daniel said and use a list of the entity you are trying to bulk insert. this means the list should be of the same type of the entity.. For example if you are trying to bulk insert the table client you should have a list of clients to be converted to object and insert on recordlist input.

If you need any more help let us know.

Next time you have a doubt about a component you should post it on the component support. That way the team that develop the component will get a message that someone has a question

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Dhaval,

You should not hardcode the physical table name and column name, it can be different depending on the environment where your application is deployed and run. 

You can retrieve it with the following query:

SELECT PHYSICAL_TABLE_NAME FROM OSSYS_ENTITY WHERE NAME = <NameForOutsystemsEntityInServiceStudio>. 

Then save the output of this query in a local text parameter, which you then pass to the BulkInsert action.

Find the actual column name using a query on JOIN of OSSYS_ENTITY and OSSSY_ENTITY_ATTR with WHERE clause by service studio name of entity and service studio name of the entity attribute.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Daniel, Table Name issue got resolved, but still column name issue remains same.

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Dhaval,

You don't need to use ReferenceColumns. What you need to do is get the physical table name as Daniel said and use a list of the entity you are trying to bulk insert. this means the list should be of the same type of the entity.. For example if you are trying to bulk insert the table client you should have a list of clients to be converted to object and insert on recordlist input.

If you need any more help let us know.

Next time you have a doubt about a component you should post it on the component support. That way the team that develop the component will get a message that someone has a question

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks Marcelo, Finally Proper data got inserted. Issue resolved.