Closing the mobile application without logout?

Hi guys,

I have implemented single session for single user in mobile application, I have created a child entity with User entity as parent, While logging in the child entity will be set to true, and while clicking the logout button , the child entity will be set to false. Now in my scenario it works fine if the user properly logs out . But if the user kills the application in the task manager then the flag will not set to false.
I need update the child entity if the user kills the application also. 

Arun Kumar wrote:

Hi guys,

I have implemented single session for single user in mobile application, I have created a child entity with User entity as parent, While logging in the child entity will be set to true, and while clicking the logout button , the child entity will be set to false. Now in my scenario it works fine if the user properly logs out . But if the user kills the application in the task manager then the flag will not set to false.
I need update the child entity if the user kills the application also. 

Hi Arun,

Under Mobile Authentication provided by Outsystems, When the end-user executes login the server sends two authentication cookies to the mobile app. These cookies allow the end-user to be authenticated in subsequent server requests.

The server will handle the authentication cookies according to the type of authentication being used.

Authentication Types

There are two types of authentication:

• Session authentication - The authentication cookies are destroyed when the end-user closes the app.
  • Persistent authentication - The authentication cookies persist across multiple application starts.

The developer specifies the authentication type in the RememberLogin parameter when calling the action User_Login to login the users.

You can use Session Authentication for your desired requirement.

Ref for more detail : https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Secure_the_Applications/Configure_Mobile_App_Authentication

Cheers