For some reason solution publish/deploy does not generate working _image.aspx

Tonight I did a server migration and upgraded from V10 to V11.

Everything appears to have gone smoothly except for the fact that some images do not appear to want to load.

I finally found a post where someone was having a similar issue way back in 2015 or about then, that simply republishing fixed the issue.

We have a tiered structure to our espaces were webblocks are used at multiple layers. If layer 1 is the bottom (database) and layer 5 is where the user enters the website, the images were pointing to _image.aspx on layers 2, 3, and 4.

I had to republish espaces with service studio from layers 2 3 and 4 after multiple solution publishes, and suddenly images started working without even republishing layer 5 of our application.

This should not happen, as there should be no reason to open an espace on a production server and publish with service studio.

Has anyone encountered this yet with 11? What is the work around?

Thanks,
Braxton

Hey Braxton,

I know this is a bit old, just checking to see if you got past your issues.

Thanks

Stacey

Hey Stacey,

We're still encountering this every now and then, but after the initial deploy it doesn't seem to be happening as much.

It's not repeatable with any consistency so it may be related to the very first deployment on 11 via solutions/lifetime after upgrading from 10.

Braxton