Opening a new Tab or browser

Hi,

I am trying to open New Browser while user clicks the  Button, Button Set the extended Properties value as "target: _blank" (It Works as Opening a new tab ),I have open New browser.How to solve this problems?

Hi Ramesh,

Take one action on button click and add javascript in that action, use code given below - 

"window.open('" + Substr(GetBookmarkableURL(),0, Index(GetBookmarkableURL(), GetPageName(),startIndex:,searchFromEnd:,ignoreCase:)) + "YourPageName.aspx','name','height=500,width=650,scrollbars=yes')"

Use your page name in JS code.

Hope this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Durgesh.

Durgesh Rokade wrote:

Hi Ramesh,

Take one action on button click and add javascript in that action, use code given below - 

"window.open('" + Substr(GetBookmarkableURL(),0, Index(GetBookmarkableURL(), GetPageName(),startIndex:,searchFromEnd:,ignoreCase:)) + "YourPageName.aspx','name','height=500,width=650,scrollbars=yes')"

Thanks,

Durgesh.

Hi Durgesh,

Is it possible without JavaScript? 

Regards,

Rushabh Shah

Durgesh Rokade wrote:

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks,

Durgesh.

Is not working,same tab its working.

Hi Ramesh,

Use this code in button onclick will open a window in parent tab.

onclick="window.open(document.URL, '_blank', 'location=yes,height=570,width=520,scrollbars=yes,status=yes');

Regards,

Pankaj

If you want to open new browser window - then any one of given solutions will work. If you want to open new browser instance with new tab then its not possible and why would someone need that.

If you share some screen shots of action/screen or be little more precise with question then there are more chances of getting answer.

Hi, you can do it like on a screenshot below. However, since it's a link element you have to style it to look like a button. Use 'Button' css class.

Hi,

In past browsers would open new instance when using target: _blank. 

Modern browsers nowadays open a new tab. I don't think you can control this anymore with target: _blank, maybe depending on the browser you use.

As far as I know you can only achive it with a bit of javascript using the window.open function:

function OpenUrlInNewWindow(url, width, height) {
  window.open(url,
  'newwindow',
    'width=' + width +
    ', height=' + height +
    ', top=' + ((window.innerHeight - height) / 2) +
    ', left=' + ((window.innerWidth - width) / 2));
}