Hi,

By default i need to sort records in descending order how can i achive this?

there is one attribute called ID in the table ,

ID : 23,787,87,1,9,11111111

expected output should be like this

ID :  11111111,787,87,23,9,1

Ronan T wrote:

Hi,

By default i need to sort records in descending order how can i achive this?

there is one attribute called ID in the table ,

ID : 23,787,87,1,9,11111111

expected output should be like this

ID :  11111111,787,87,23,9,1

Hi Ronan T,

You can add sort in your aggregate and select the attribute which you want and set the type to descending.

Hope this works for you!!


Priya Khade wrote:

Ronan T wrote:

Hi,

By default i need to sort records in descending order how can i achive this?

there is one attribute called ID in the table ,

ID : 23,787,87,1,9,11111111

expected output should be like this

ID :  11111111,787,87,23,9,1

Hi Ronan T,

You can add sort in your aggregate and select the attribute which you want and set the type to descending.

Hope this works for you!!


Hi Priya,

I have tried , but it is giving like this,

9,87,787,23,11111111 ,1



Ronan T wrote:

Priya Khade wrote:

Ronan T wrote:

Hi,

By default i need to sort records in descending order how can i achive this?

there is one attribute called ID in the table ,

ID : 23,787,87,1,9,11111111

expected output should be like this

ID :  11111111,787,87,23,9,1

Hi Ronan T,

You can add sort in your aggregate and select the attribute which you want and set the type to descending.

Hope this works for you!!


Hi Priya,

I have tried , but it is giving like this,

9,87,787,23,11111111 ,1



Hi,

Can you share the oml


Priya Khade wrote:

Ronan T wrote:

Priya Khade wrote:

Ronan T wrote:

Hi,

By default i need to sort records in descending order how can i achive this?

there is one attribute called ID in the table ,

ID : 23,787,87,1,9,11111111

expected output should be like this

ID :  11111111,787,87,23,9,1

Hi Ronan T,

You can add sort in your aggregate and select the attribute which you want and set the type to descending.

Hope this works for you!!


Hi Priya,

I have tried , but it is giving like this,

9,87,787,23,11111111 ,1



Hi,

Can you share the oml


Hi Priya,

sorry i can not share the oml,

if u have not understand my question, please refer excepected ouput


Hello 

Have you tried something like the below in your aggregate ?



Hello 

It appears your attribute is of type text and it is sorting on text as expected. 

Hi 

You can achieve your desc sort by adding a custom column and converting your text to int and then sort on that column. See attached screenshot. 

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

You can achieve your desc sort by adding a custom column and converting your text to int and then sort on that column. See attached screenshot. 

Hi Amal Raj ,

Working fine but after clicking on the completed, it has to give ascending as well no!!

please find the attached file


Hi 

You have to add a dynamic sort 

The easiest way is to scaffold a list screen for your entity and see how the dynamic sorting is implemented. 


Check out the below post 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/18794/dynamic-sort-on-an-aggregation/



Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

You have to add a dynamic sort 

The easiest way is to scaffold a list screen for your entity and see how the dynamic sorting is implemented. 


Check out the below post 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/18794/dynamic-sort-on-an-aggregation/



Hi amar,

if i add dynamic sort this is how getting results.


please find the attached file


SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

List_SortColumn_GetOrderBy(PeopleTable.Id,DefaultOrder:"{people}.[completed] DESC ")


Hi Ronan,

Can't you change the completed type from text to int? I would simplify a lot your life. 

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ronan,

Can't you change the completed type from text to int? I would simplify a lot your life. 

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

No,that is our requirement


Hi 

How about adding a computed column ( integer) and work with that for sorting. 

Hi Ronan,

Yes You can still achieve the desired output,

All you need to do is , 

1. Create computed column:

2. Add dynamic sort to the aggregate:


3. Change the sort column property to computed column Id:

Try this out.

This should work for you.


Regards,

Waseema.

Waseema wrote:

Hi Ronan,

Yes You can still achieve the desired output,

All you need to do is , 

1. Create computed column:

2. Add dynamic sort to the aggregate:


3. Change the sort column property to computed column Id:

Try this out.

This should work for you.


Regards,

Waseema.

Hi,

Could you share the oml.


Solution

Ronan T wrote:

Waseema wrote:

Hi Ronan,

Yes You can still achieve the desired output,

All you need to do is , 

1. Create computed column:

2. Add dynamic sort to the aggregate:


3. Change the sort column property to computed column Id:

Try this out.

This should work for you.


Regards,

Waseema.

Hi,

Could you share the oml.


PFA-


Solution

Waseema wrote:

Ronan T wrote:

Waseema wrote:

Hi Ronan,

Yes You can still achieve the desired output,

All you need to do is , 

1. Create computed column:

2. Add dynamic sort to the aggregate:


3. Change the sort column property to computed column Id:

Try this out.

This should work for you.


Regards,

Waseema.

Hi,

Could you share the oml.


PFA-


Hi Waseema,

Thank you ,it is working now