Need help in using PopUp Info Balloon

Hi Team,

I am new learner to Outsystems . I am going through web development course . While practicing exercise of Scaffolding , a scenario came where I have to use 'Pop Up Info Balloon' in my project.

Once I tried adding 'Pop Up Info Balloon' , I got prompt '<ProjectName> Theme does not have the Info Balloon layout web block set'.

Short Project Detail :

Theme : Outsystems 11 Top Menu

Thanks & Regards,

Dishant Deep

Hi Dishant Deep,

Maybe a missing reference, maybe that web block is not present. Could you try to see if the web block is referenced and try to refresh dependencies. In OutSystems Theme documentation (here) you can find how Theme dependencies works.

Also, if you can share the exercice detail, we might help you out more.

Regards,

Solution

Hi Dishant Deep,

if I remember correctly I hit a similar snag when I was doing those excercises. Make sure you have all the default web blocks set in your theme settings. See the highlighted entry below. Doesn't really matter which one you set there iirc, but it can't be empty.

Regards,

Michael

Solution

Hi Dishant Deep,

the Theme you are using doesn't have default Web Block for Info Balloon. Choose LayoutPopup option.

After that, you have to choose the image of info balloon that will appear to move the mouse over and make the ballon appear.

Hope this help.

Regards

Patrícia

Hi Team,

Thanks to all of you for your quick support , I tried to follow all the suggestions given by you & finally it worked . I just want to summarize the steps taken to resolve my issue , so that it would be easy to other members in future if they face the same kind of issue :

1. Refresh dependencies & added some more themes

2. Assigned related themes to all the default web blocks as well assigned image to 'Info Balloon Image'

Please find the attachment for your reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Dishant Deep

Forgive my ignorance here, where can I find the image for the Info Balloon Image?

I have followed these steps as I am experiencing the same problem but I am not able to select an image, where can I download the Info Balloon Image from please?

Vince Friday wrote:

Forgive my ignorance here, where can I find the image for the Info Balloon Image?

I have followed these steps as I am experiencing the same problem but I am not able to select an image, where can I download the Info Balloon Image from please?

Hello Vince,

no worries. You don't have to download the image, but if it doesn't show up for you, you need to go into your dependencies and activate it there. You can find it under the "Richwidgets" producer, as part of the "images" folder (or just search the public elements of that producer).

Also, I have found that with the changes between OutSystems 10 and 11, it is best to load the modules from the  "Quickstart" folder of one of the exercises after the first and keep working on that. This way, you'll be able to follow along the webinar and exercises with the least confusion, since then your base theme, activated dependencies and other settings will match the course's / the OutSystems 10 standard used in the course material.

Best regards,

Michael