Bootstrapping Entity with Excel, Datatype = Date

I am attempting to bootstrap an Entity which has a field with datatype = Date. Both excel bootstrapping inCore, or allowing the end-user to upload their own Excel didn't work out for me for this field. I attempted to change the Excel Field format to Date, or using Custom (yyyy-mm-dd), Outsystems failed to read both type and inserted 1900-01-01 into the DB instead.

What is the correct format of the Excel cell for Date datatype to be properly bootstrapped into DB?

EDIT#1:

Once I tried to export the entries to excel and download as an end-user, the dates fields are empty. So I believe it is actually datenullifier so it shows 1900-01-01 when I viewed it from Core.

Hello Stephen,

I tried bootsrapping for an entity with column type Date and it works perfectly fine. 

My sample excel data is in this format 

1) First check if your column name and the column in the excel match if not they are ignored.

2) Also in my excel my DOB is formatted as a Date 

Attrib1DOB
2301-01-2017
78702-02-2000
9702-02-2000

Check the below links 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Data/Bootstrap_an_Entity_Using_an_Excel_File

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/18526/import-bootstrap-entity/

Hope this helps.

Stephen Li wrote:

I am attempting to bootstrap an Entity which has a field with datatype = Date. Both excel bootstrapping inCore, or allowing the end-user to upload their own Excel didn't work out for me for this field. I attempted to change the Excel Field format to Date, or using Custom (yyyy-mm-dd), Outsystems failed to read both type and inserted 1900-01-01 into the DB instead.

What is the correct format of the Excel cell for Date datatype to be properly bootstrapped into DB?

EDIT#1:

Once I tried to export the entries to excel and download as an end-user, the dates fields are empty. So I believe it is actually datenullifier so it shows 1900-01-01 when I viewed it from Core.

Hello Stephen

Have you had test in a web screen? 

With a structure with the same name and number of columns as the excel file? 

Stephen Li wrote:

EDIT#1:

The OutSystem platform knows how to deal with most of the normalized date formats and the DB has its own. With that in mind in the excel, I would advise you to use the default format when setting a cell to Date. Try to set it on an empty field, and then give it a value, just to see how it behaves and check if your data behaves the same way, if not change it to that format. Finally, don't forget to verify if all your attributes in the structure you use to hold the excel data are well defined and in the same order as in the excel.

Thanks for all your responses. I double-checked the header doesn't seem to have a problem, and I did insert normal date entry but outsystems still doesn't read the entry. Really cannot think of a reason for that.