Generate QR Code in batch according to unique id in entity

Hi all,

I haven't found any forge component that could do QR Code generation in batch. I'm developing a system to generate batch QR Code according to the unique id (e.g ABC/2019/1/0001 -> ABC/2019/1/0999). 

Any tips?

Thank you.

A thousand files seems reasonable, but the uncontrollable creation of binary files is an issue and most users only need to create one at a time.

Situations when you generate one code:

1. when the record is created a qrcode is generated and saved.
  2. when the record is approved a qrcode is generated and saved.
  3. when the record is show a qrcode is generated and shown (but never saved).

Situations when you generate a batch of qrcodes:

• Batch creation of records (see 1 above).
  • Need to print labels for something (some filtering conditions may apply).

If you really need to make several, create an action that makes the desired query, calls the creation of QRCode recursively and saves the result. Remember it can be a time consuming process so maybe do it with a timer and it will take some space with binaries/files so have a separated entity/folder for them.

Nuno Reis wrote:

A thousand files seems reasonable, but the uncontrollable creation of binary files is an issue and most users only need to create one at a time.

Situations when you generate one code:

1. when the record is created a qrcode is generated and saved.
  2. when the record is approved a qrcode is generated and saved.
  3. when the record is show a qrcode is generated and shown (but never saved).

Situations when you generate a batch of qrcodes:

• Batch creation of records (see 1 above).
  • Need to print labels for something (some filtering conditions may apply).

If you really need to make several, create an action that makes the desired query, calls the creation of QRCode recursively and saves the result. Remember it can be a time consuming process so maybe do it with a timer and it will take some space with binaries/files so have a separated entity/folder for them.

I need batch of qrcodes as I need to print them as labels on different assets (based on their unique id). Right now it has to be done one qr code at a time

The problem is still the same. You need to define the entity to read, apply filters (or none) and generate to database or directly into screen.

I'd suggest you define the page layout and test with a few qrcodes first. If it works with 10, it works with 1000.