[Firebase Mobile] Plugin generation not working using FirebaseCloundMessagePlugin

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 31 May (4 weeks ago) by David Sousa
10 votes
Published on 31 May (4 weeks ago) by David Sousa

Hello,

I want to use only the Firebase Analytics module in my application and keep all my code of the Notifications (For example: InitPushNotifications) supported by OutSystems without any change what make me believe that I need to "replicate" the files google-services.json. However, doing this I got an error generating the APK. Attached is the retrieved error that gives almost no information. Below is pretty much what I'm using. Removing the InitPushNotifications action, I'm already able to generate the APK successfully, but I need this action (or there's any action on your plugin to replace it, with the same input/ouput parameters?).

Any suggestion?

Thank you for your amazing job!

Solution

Hi Tiago,

Thanks for using our plugin.

I analyzed the issue and checked that the build is failing because the two plugins aren't compatible.

As FirebaseMobile supports push notifications, is there something preventing you from using it?

If you have doubts regarding the implementation, you can check the FirebaseMobile sample app.

Solution

Hi David,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Well, I've tried to remove the FirebaseCloudMessagePlugin and use yours (FirebaseMobile) exclusively in my main application. However, I always got the same problem/error generating the APK. Is it related to the phonegap plugins? There's anyway possible to work around the problem?

Thank you!

Tiago,

Which error are you getting when generating an app only with Firebase Mobile plugin? 

David,

Using the plugin individually I don't have any error. However, when I try to integrate this plugin in my applications that already have others plugins, for some reason I can't generate the APK anymore. For example, when I try to use it with the FirebaseCloudMessagePlugin like described before. I also got the same error (generating the APK) with other plugins besides that one... Any suggestion in how to fix the problem?

Hi Tiago,

Like I explained in my previous comment, FirebaseMobile and FirebaseCloudMessagePlugin aren't compatible. If you need push notifications in your app you can accomplish it with FirebaseMobile.

What other plugins are you using in your application besides FirebaseMobile and FirebaseCloudMessagePlugin?

Tiago Gomes wrote:

David,

Using the plugin individually I don't have any error. However, when I try to integrate this plugin in my applications that already have others plugins, for some reason I can't generate the APK anymore. For example, when I try to use it with the FirebaseCloudMessagePlugin like described before. I also got the same error (generating the APK) with other plugins besides that one... Any suggestion in how to fix the problem?

I was also getting the problem generating the apk file for android, when i was using one another plugin. 

When i was trying without other plugin it is being generated fine. Then i removed the firebase plugin and now i am using the onesignal for push notification. Now it is working fine.

Regards,

Hi David Sousa,

Is there gonna be any issue If I use this plugin with other plugins in the same Mobile Project, apart from the 2 that you mentioned in description with the reference to Incompatibility?

Please let me know,

Kindly

Assif

Hi Assif,

Regarding the compatibility section in the description, those are the known incompatibilities. We haven't encountered other issues.

Regards,

David

David Sousa wrote:

Hi Assif,

Regarding the compatibility section in the description, those are the known incompatibilities. We haven't encountered other issues.

Regards,

David

Thanks David Sousa for Quick Response.