Adding popup widget slows page load

Hi,

In a web app a screen with few thousand divs (huge table) loads about 5 sec but when popup widget is added to each div to show additional info in a popup page load time increases to 30 sec... 

Anything can be done about it? Or better find other solution like custom Ajax requests and popup/modal implementation?

Thanks

Hello Mykola,

What is the need to show so much data at once?
I would start by changing this approach.

Many widgets, like the PopupEditor, have not only JavaScript but also OutSystems code associated, use Session variables, etc, and this will increase the time to load the page if you have to build and later render many of them.

If you can't change the page design to avoid having so much data on it, I like the Modal approach, as it makes the page much lighter. Of course, there is no more a "separated page", but you can use blocks and avoid loading the block on page load through using IFs and conditions.

Also, in platform 11, Modal is much better implemented in the platform, with the possibility to have many modals in the screen, open in different places, etc.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for reply and explanation - I will investigate v11 but for now we are stuck with 10.

The page is an overview table where pagination would break the idea. it is ok to have longer initial load but have quick access to any data on the page instead of navigating between pages.

Mykola (Nick) Tkachenko wrote:

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for reply and explanation - I will investigate v11 but for now we are stuck with 10.

The page is an overview table where pagination would break the idea. it is ok to have longer initial load but have quick access to any data on the page instead of navigating between pages.

In this case, I would replace the Popup by a web block and a modal. Modals require much less JavaScript to work.

Cheers

Mykola (Nick) Tkachenko wrote:

Hi,

In a web app a screen with few thousand divs (huge table) loads about 5 sec but when popup widget is added to each div to show additional info in a popup page load time increases to 30 sec... 

Anything can be done about it? Or better find other solution like custom Ajax requests and popup/modal implementation?

Thanks

Hi Mykola,

you can check with Roles assigned to the modal/popup screen.

U can assign Anonymous rols and check the performance.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Waseema. 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/495/how-to-lazy-load