Create a web App to produce labels with Barcode...

Hi Guys,

At the moment we have the challenge that our customers send us products without a clear identifier. I would like to help out with a short app creating an identifier with a running number and than creating Labels (.jpeg) with this identifier. The client shall have the opportunity to chose its destination and the count of Labels to create. 

I have the following Entities in mind:

1. User (with ClientName and ClientNameShortcut)
  2. Destination (with DestinationName and Destination ShortCut) 
  3. Label (with UserID and DestinationID)

The Identifier shall look like this: 

ClientShortcut + DestinationShortCut + RunningNumber 

So in the process the client logs in (system knows its client shortcut) chooses its destination and the count of products he wants to label. Then the System creates the amount of labels and sends it (in best case directly to a printer).

Cound you give me a hind how to develop this the easiest way? I struggle with running number and label creation at the moment...

Thanks! 

Tobias

Hi,

Just let you know, users entity is already exists by default (Entity-System-Users).

For the Barcode, you could check the forge (depends on your apps, mobile or web)

And for running number, maybe the easiest is create a entity to save the last number generated, then +1 from it and update it.

Toto wrote:

Hi,

Just let you know, users entity is already exists by default (Entity-System-Users).

For the Barcode, you could check the forge (depends on your apps, mobile or web)

And for running number, maybe the easiest is create a entity to save the last number generated, then +1 from it and update it.

+Addition to the Reply 

You can use this Forge Plugin for generating barcode

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-details/319/QR-Code+and+Barcode+Generator/

Thanks