Add Comments while 1-click publish

Does anyone know, how to add comments while publishing? So that I will be able to understand what each publish is doing. 

Right now, when I click on 1-Click publish, it is directly publishing the content without asking for any comments. Any solutions for this?

It can't be done. Post it as an Idea and have my vote!

Great idea! Post it!

I already created one idea similar to the proposed (at  2014)

https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/1785/description-notes-in-the-version-list

Right now the status is: On your radar

Probably will be nice that someone could join them

Regards

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Regards

You have my vote :)

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Regards

+1

Thanks Roman

Thanks Nelson

Wouldn't like it to be mandatory though, I publish a lot while developing. Also, when moving to environments, the remarks will be gone. So I don't know how useful this would be.

Hello Kilian

I agree with you. Don't need be mandatory...

Mostly I use my personal area instead publishing every time to see my changes. Once everything is working properly in my personal area then I will publish that content in public area. So while publishing it we can provide comments on what task I did in the current publish will be helpful if in case I want to revert my changes I can simply go 1 version back to it. 

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Wouldn't like it to be mandatory though, I publish a lot while developing. Also, when moving to environments, the remarks will be gone. So I don't know how useful this would be.

I see this request a bit like the git. There is no reason why the history should be removed when moving to a different environment. I have 1 deployment chain and some publishes I want to also publish on other environments.  

Hi Vincent,

That's just not how the Platform works. Typically, in Development, you publish a gazillion times, and when the software's stable, you push it to Test, but then only the latest version is pushed, not everything (and that's a good thing!). So you'd lose a lot of comments.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Vincent,

That's just not how the Platform works. Typically, in Development, you publish a gazillion times, and when the software's stable, you push it to Test, but then only the latest version is pushed, not everything (and that's a good thing!). So you'd lose a lot of comments.

I know that Outsystems behaves differently and that's OK. There are some nice things about the Outsystems method of deployment and there are nice features of different systems. But when you allow comments then you don't want to loose those comments just because you go from environment to environment. You could for instance simply merge all comments into 1 new big comment. This would allow anyone to see what it currently deployed cause I for one would always include my task number + small text what has been done. This merged comment would then be a building block for the release notes. How handy would that be? 

So I'm not looking for Git in Outsystems. But I do want to be able to add comments and to keep the comments together when moving environments.