Hi, 

I am new to outsystems.

Actually, I am trying to achieve the following functionality:

1) Display the locations on the map after fetching from the database, draw the route with the direction arrow,  and the starting point marker and the endpoint marker should be different.

2) once click on button show route, one marker should move along the drawn path through starting point to end point.

3) one option for live tracking, once click on live tracking the marker should continuously move as soon as location gets updated in the database.

According to the above functionality,  please give me a proper guideline, some component name related to this or some sample code.

Thank you 

Gautam

Hi Gautam,

This is not a project for starters. Hopefully you are only starting with OutSystems and that you have a vast knowledge on JavaScript.

To start off, you need to build both a Web and a Mobile app and use the Google Maps plugin to generate the map on the web application.

Then you need to store the GPS location every so many minutes in the server from the mobile app to the central DB.

As soon as the data is synchronized with the server, you can trigger a BPT process that calls a Pusher.com server component which in this case sends an update request to the web clients that show the map.

THe Pusher.com client component is then listening to the server requests that might come in. As soon as a new request comes in, the client can fetch the new coordinates, remove the old location, plot the new location and update the map.

This is globally what you need to build and the names of the Forge components are out of my head, so they can differ a bit.

Good luck and let us know the results,

Remco Dekkinga

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Gautam,

This is not a project for starters. Hopefully you are only starting with OutSystems and that you have a vast knowledge on JavaScript.

To start off, you need to build both a Web and a Mobile app and use the Google Maps plugin to generate the map on the web application.

Then you need to store the GPS location every so many minutes in the server from the mobile app to the central DB.

As soon as the data is synchronized with the server, you can trigger a BPT process that calls a Pusher.com server component which in this case sends an update request to the web clients that show the map.

THe Pusher.com client component is then listening to the server requests that might come in. As soon as a new request comes in, the client can fetch the new coordinates, remove the old location, plot the new location and update the map.

This is globally what you need to build and the names of the Forge components are out of my head, so they can differ a bit.

Good luck and let us know the results,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco Dekkinga, thanks for the reply

I have live data coming through API so now I have to focus on the web application.

for that,  I have already created the map by using Google Maps plugin but I am not able to achieve the functionality which I want.

So I asked on the forum

on the forum, they have suggested that i cannot achieve this functionality by using Google Maps plugin that is why i asked how can i achieve this functionality.

Please do the needfull.

you can refer to this link.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/44055/refresh-the-marker-on-map-when-location-get-updated/?utm_source=community&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=forum-reply=#Post159509

Thank You

Gautam Sharma