Hi,

I am connecting an Source Entity with a combo box. Please look at the situation below:

1) When I connect Users entity to combo box using the below method:

It does not show error.

2) But when I connect an Entite created using External Database I get an Error:

3) The error is as below:

Why I got the above error and how can I solve the error?

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Hi Manthan Shah,

Your structure (used to get external results) is maybe not be mapped with the variable type. Then you need to specify "attribute of the structure to be used as the identifier of the selected value".

See more info here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Web_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Combo_Box_Widget

Regards,

Hi Marco,

I am not using a structure. 

But the source identifier is fadded out so why I am getting the error.

I didn't understand your statement 'Your structure (used to get external results) is maybe not be mapped with the variable type. Then you need to specify "attribute of the structure to be used as the identifier of the selected value". 

Regards,

Manthan Shah.

Solution

Hi Manthan Shah,

When using an agregate to fill the combobox Source Record List or Source Entity the plataform will use the Agregate/Entity Identifier field to auto fill the Source Identifier... Most likely your Entity dosen't have any field seted as an identifier: 

You can either set this field, or create a local variable on your screen and use it to fill the combobox.

Solution

Manthan Shah wrote:

I didn't understand your statement 'Your structure (used to get external results) is maybe not be mapped with the variable type. Then you need to specify "attribute of the structure to be used as the identifier of the selected value". 

Hi Manthan,

Maybe one or more reasons are occuring, please check if this helps:

• The external database results do not have an identifier to give as "Source Identifier"
  • The results do not have an identifier of same type as local variable

Regards,