Is there some sort of "layout blank"?

When I try to create a new module, I usually go for Web Responsive since I want the basic logic of the program created for me (login, errors management, etc.) instead of the Web Blank.

So, it comes with an aggregated theme. No problem there, but sometimes I just want to create a blank page without side menus, footers, etc.

Is there any way to just use a layout blank as the source web block, instead of having to make a copy of the existing layout and striping it down?

Thanks,

João Girão

Solution

Hi João

Do you mean, like this?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Look_and_Feel/Design_the_Layout_of_Screens_Using_Placeholders

A layout is just a web block with (or without) placeholders. You can create your own.

Just remember that if you are using SilkUI (for example), you need to include another web block that is required for the widgets to work properly. I think OutSystemsUI has the same characteristic.

Then you just need to replace the layout of the screen for the one you created.

Cheers.

EDIT. In the case of OutSystems UI (don't get Silk UI right now), you can also replace the layout by the LayoutSimple, that is available already, and that has a single placeholder: Content.

EDIT 2. You can't have a default layout without Menu and title, for example, but you can change the default template of a theme to be empty. Blank screens (OutSystems 11) will be created without layout, in this case.

Solution

Hi Joao,

Yes, this is possible. You create the application with Top Menu or Side Menu and when you can create your first module, change the type to Web Blank. This way you get an empty module with no references.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi João

Do you mean, like this?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Look_and_Feel/Design_the_Layout_of_Screens_Using_Placeholders

A layout is just a web block with (or without) placeholders. You can create your own.

Just remember that if you are using SilkUI (for example), you need to include another web block that is required for the widgets to work properly. I think OutSystemsUI has the same characteristic.

Then you just need to replace the layout of the screen for the one you created.

Cheers.

EDIT. In the case of OutSystems UI (don't get Silk UI right now), you can also replace the layout by the LayoutSimple, that is available already, and that has a single placeholder: Content.

EDIT 2. You can't have a default layout without Menu and title, for example, but you can change the default template of a theme to be empty. Blank screens (OutSystems 11) will be created without layout, in this case.

Thank you both, LayoutSimple was precisely what I was looking for! :)