[OneSignal Plugin] Get rid of the default native popup message when opening a push notification.

Forge Component
(12)
Published on 18 Jan by OutSystems R&D
12 votes
Published on 18 Jan by OutSystems R&D

Is it possible to hide a native popup that comes after a push notification is clicked? I want to handle that myself and it looks like I can't control it right now. Please advise 

Hello, Roman,

IIRC, once you tap on a "native" notification received by the plugin, it should close immediately. Is this what's missing in your case?

If so, I believe we should analyse it via support case. Could you open one so we can have a look and help?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

Carlos Simões

Carlos Simões wrote:

Hello, Roman,

IIRC, once you tap on a "native" notification received by the plugin, it should close immediately. Is this what's missing in your case?

If so, I believe we should analyse it via support case. Could you open one so we can have a look and help?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

Carlos Simões

No, I mean the popup which is displayed once the app is opened (inside of the app)

Hmm, that's odd, all the times I used the plugin, I never experienced any UI changes with the plugin that were not performed by my own code (while reacting to the "NotificationClicked" event, in this case), and even then, it would not be Native UI.

Are you positive this is native ui? And if so, would you be using a more recent version of the plugin? Which one?

I'm not sure this is native UI, but it looks like a default iOS message. I don't want to show it to the user. 

Hmm, that looks like it receives data from the app, then launching an alert. The only option from the plugin that I remember could cause this, is the "VisualLogLevel" option:

Could please check if your app ever calls "SetLogLevel" and if in one of those calls the Visual Log Level is set?

It's not even included as a dependency. Do you think I might need to manually set the right LogLevel? 

I would not expect it, no. The default should be to not show it.

If no other dependent modules reference (and set it), I think we really should have a look.

Alright. I'll open a support ticket for this one. Thanks for your help, Carlos.