[zTree] Displaying details on clicking nodes of the tree

Forge Component
(16)
Published on 2017-02-13 by Eduardo Luís
16 votes
Published on 2017-02-13 by Eduardo Luís

Hi,

I have been using the zTree component to display my item hierarchy i.e.category, categorygroup and subcategorygroup. I want to display the records of each item like brand, itemcode etc on clicking the nodes of the tree in a separate window beside the tree. Can anyone guide me how can I do this.

Also I was thinking if it is possible to save the category, categorygroup and categorysubgroup (once a user selects a subcategory) in different entities so that I can re-use each of them later.

Please help me on the above queries. 

Hello Suprio and thanks for using zTree,

i think you can find what you want in the examples. Go to [core] Basic Functions / Control of Click Node. In this example once you click a node a feedback message is displayed with some info about the that node, if we can display a feedback message we can do pretty much everything!

Hope it helps.

Hello Eduardo,

Is it possible to to save the category, categorygroup and categorysubgroup (once a user selects a subcategory) in different entities so that we can re-use each of them later from the z-tree node selection. Please can you let me know what settings need to be applied on the z-tree to save each of the selected nodes based on the tree- level onto different entity. For example, I want to save all the selected Categories into one entity and all the selected categorygroups into a different entity.