[OutSystems UI] Tooltips not working in mobile ui

Forge Component
(61)
Published on 2 Oct (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
61 votes
Published on 2 Oct (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

the tooktips is not working in mobile ui v2.0.8 (O11)

Hi George, Do you have an example of what you would like to see?

In Mobile apps, there is normally no tooltip functionality, because there is no mouse, so hovering over an element and waiting for the tooltip to show is not possible.

But I'm curious on what you want to get working, please upload an example/image of what you would like to achieve.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi George, Do you have an example of what you would like to see?

In Mobile apps, there is normally no tooltip functionality, because there is no mouse, so hovering over an element and waiting for the tooltip to show is not possible.

But I'm curious on what you want to get working, please upload an example/image of what you would like to achieve.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

https://silkui.outsystems.com/Patterns_Mobile.aspx#Mobile_Content_Tooltip

https://silkui.outsystems.com/Samples_Mobile.aspx#Mobile_Lists-Samples_MeetingsList

The above URL demonstrated the tooltip feature in OS11.

However, it seems the function is broken in the new OutSystems UI Mobile (v 2.0.8). I tried to implement in a tab and there is no tooltip when I click on the content.

Currently, I used the workaround to display an "Info" message when the user clicks on a field. But tooltips will deliver a better user experience in my situation.

Regards,

George

Hi George Qiao,

The tooltip works fine for me. What is the problem that you are facing?

Drag the tooltip to the screen, add your content and then add the tooltip text in the placeholders.

Hope this helps you!

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

This is not always the case.  We use android based mini-PC's connected to full-size monitors, keyboards and mice for applications that need the ability to operate offline.