Hi All,

Would like to know is there any API to upload the license into the service center.

We have multiple servers hosted in single environment so we need to upload the license to the environments.

In order to avoid manual effort would like to know is there any API which helps to perform the above activity. Eg: API like user creation to all servers. Similar kind of API

Thanks in advance :-)

Hello,

There are is no API available to achieve what you need. 

Hi Ajithkumar Radhakrishnan,

I believe there is an undocumented API to perform that operation in ServiceCenter, although I've never used it. You will need to provide the credentials of a user that is authorised to set a license.

As with any undocumented API, it may change in the future without any warning and OutSystems does not provide any guarantees your application will continue to work. 

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Ajithkumar Radhakrishnan,

I believe there is an undocumented API to perform that operation in ServiceCenter, although I've never used it. You will need to provide the credentials of a user that is authorised to set a license.

As with any undocumented API, it may change in the future without any warning and OutSystems does not provide any guarantees your application will continue to work. 

Thank you Jorge Martins.

Would like to know the details of that API. Any link or so will help me proceed further.

We have many servers hosted in the environment thats why I need to make use of it.

Just out of curiosity, you have one OutSystems environment with multiple front-ends? and you want to upload the license to the front-ends? if that's the case... you don't need to do anything, you just upload the license to one front-end server and it automatically is used by all of them.

If you have multiple OutSystems environments, then you will need to upload different licenses to each of them anyways... I fail to see when would you need the functionality you are requesting.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Just out of curiosity, you have one OutSystems environment with multiple front-ends? and you want to upload the license to the front-ends? if that's the case... you don't need to do anything, you just upload the license to one front-end server and it automatically is used by all of them.

If you have multiple OutSystems environments, then you will need to upload different licenses to each of them anyways... I fail to see when would you need the functionality you are requesting.

We have n number of servers pointing to single environment which has one license file.

So to update the license into all the servers I need an API.

Ajithkumar Radhakrishnan wrote:

Jorge Martins wrote:

We have n number of servers pointing to single environment which has one license file.

You haven't read what I just wrote.

If you have a single Environment with multiple front-end servers, you just need to upload the licence for that Environment to one front-end server (any of the multiple servers you have will do) and the licence will be automatically used by all your front-end servers.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Ajithkumar Radhakrishnan wrote:

Jorge Martins wrote:

You haven't read what I just wrote.

If you have a single Environment with multiple front-end servers, you just need to upload the licence for that Environment to one front-end server (any of the multiple servers you have will do) and the licence will be automatically used by all your front-end servers.

Our environments does not fall under this category. 

Ok, then if you have multiple Environments, you need to upload a different license to each Environment. Is this why you need the Licensing API? Because regardless of your setup, in OutSystems you never need to upload the same license multiple times.