Hello everyone,

I am developing a mobile app and I have to fetch the user his location. The location plugin I am using is doing fine, but I was wondering if it is possible to get the location when triggering a timer?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, 

You can use setTimeout() or setInterval() for  recurring intervals. In the function you pass to these methods, you can call a client action which can fetch the location. 

Hope this helps. 

Amal Raj wrote:

Hello, 

You can use setTimeout() or setInterval() for  recurring intervals. In the function you pass to these methods, you can call a client action which can fetch the location. 

Hope this helps. 

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer but that's not exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering if it is possible to fetch the location using OutSystems Timers?

Kevin Neeter wrote:

Amal Raj wrote:

Hello, 

Hope this helps. 

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer but that's not exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering if it is possible to fetch the location using OutSystems Timers?

Hi 

Timers in OutSystems are server side constructs at the environment level and not a mobile concept. 

Amal Raj wrote:

Kevin Neeter wrote:

Amal Raj wrote:

Hello, 

Hope this helps. 

Hello, 

Hi 

Timers in OutSystems are server side constructs at the environment level and not a mobile concept. 

Okay! But do you know some sort of way how to get the user his location with the SetInterval() while the app isn't running in the fore/background?

If you want something to run in the background, you will need to use a plugin for that. There are currently two on the Forge, one seems to have recent issues both on Android and iOS, the other is being developed but apparently requires a license.