Hi, I'm having troubles with playing a video, I uploaded the video to use the url, should I upload it to the database instead so it would work probably, it keeps saying that video type is not supported, or it doesn't load like these two photos :

the URL i'm using and HOW I can use it video from resources in project instead

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

"https://streamable.com/s/k5hnd/fyrfnr"

Abeer ElAssal wrote:

Hi, I'm having troubles with playing a video, I uploaded the video to use the url, should I upload it to the database instead so it would work probably, it keeps saying that video type is not supported, or it doesn't load like these two photos :

Hello Abeer, how are you?

You cannot connect directly to streaming services, the SourceFile needs to point directly to the video file.

From the widget tooltip: "The URL must be of a direct video file, not a website like Vimeo or YouTube, those servers provide their own embed code already"

Hope this helps.

Jay Santos wrote:

Abeer ElAssal wrote:

You cannot connect directly to streaming services, the SourceFile needs to point directly to the video file.

From the widget tooltip: "The URL must be of a direct video file, not a website like Vimeo or YouTube, those servers provide their own embed code already"

Hope this helps.

hi, thanks for your reply, then how can I uae a video I uploaded in the resource file, how's the path should be written in the video control?

Abeer ElAssal wrote:

Jay Santos wrote:

Abeer ElAssal wrote:

Hope this helps.

hi, thanks for your reply, then how can I uae a video I uploaded in the resource file, how's the path should be written in the video control?

You can use the .URL property of the file as a parameter for the video widget, see below

Let me know if that works!

Jay Santos wrote:

Abeer ElAssal wrote:

Jay Santos wrote:

Abeer ElAssal wrote:

Hope this helps.

You can use the .URL property of the file as a parameter for the video widget, see below

Let me know if that works!

I can only find the content, is there something related to uploading the content or what? I appreciate your help

Is this a web app? The URL option is only available for mobile apps.

Nevertheless, I'll check for web and get back to you

Jay Santos wrote:

Is this a web app? The URL option is only available for mobile apps.

Nevertheless, I'll check for web and get back to you

Yes it's a web app, ok I will be waiting your reply.

You can use this method to get the direct link:

" How to get youtube direct url:

1. Find a video on YouTube and copy the URL from the address bar.
  2. In VLC, head to Media > Open Network Stream.
  3. Paste the YouTube link in the box and click Play.
  4. Under Tools, click Codec Information.
  5. In the box that says Location, right-click the block of text and click Select All. Copy this text to your clipboard.
  6. Go back to your browser and paste the link in the address bar. This will open the source file directly on YouTube's servers.
  7. Right-click the video as it plays and select Save Video As.

"

Pedro Vila Nova wrote:

You can use this method to get the direct link:

" How to get youtube direct url:

1. Find a video on YouTube and copy the URL from the address bar.
  2. In VLC, head to Media > Open Network Stream.
  3. Paste the YouTube link in the box and click Play.
  4. Under Tools, click Codec Information.
  5. In the box that says Location, right-click the block of text and click Select All. Copy this text to your clipboard.
  6. Go back to your browser and paste the link in the address bar. This will open the source file directly on YouTube's servers.
  7. Right-click the video as it plays and select Save Video As.

"

Hi, thanks for reply but I don't want to use youtube or even upload the video there

Solution

Hello Abeer, sorry for the delay!

So, I've managed to have a video playing on a web application using the HTML5 goodies plugin from the Forge - https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/507/html5-goodies

It's very simple to use, first I've copied the video file to the Resources folder on the Data tab and set as below (apologies for the app name, it's my testing app :))

HTML5 goodies have a Video Player block that I've added to my page and set as below, note that the Source parameter is the same as the Runtime Path on my Resource configuration above.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!

Solution

Jay Santos wrote:

Hello Abeer, sorry for the delay!

So, I've managed to have a video playing on a web application using the HTML5 goodies plugin from the Forge - https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/507/html5-goodies

It's very simple to use, first I've copied the video file to the Resources folder on the Data tab and set as below (apologies for the app name, it's my testing app :))

HTML5 goodies have a Video Player block that I've added to my page and set as below, note that the Source parameter is the same as the Runtime Path on my Resource configuration above.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!

YES, IT WORKS JUST FINE NOW, THANKS A LOT.

Glad I could help! Let me know if you have any other questions :)