How to get data from soap webservice

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem. I'm consuming a SOAP WebService it have structure on outsystems but when I send input to WebService data not show but  I'm try to coding in visual studio data are show.

sorry, I don't  type English that well.

Thanks for you're help.

P.

Hi P S,

It's hard for me to understand what you are doing, what is happening and what you need.

Maybe with screenshots of:

• What you are doing:
    • The web service definition in Service Studio (including web service methods and input/output parameters)
    • The web service structures definitions in Service Studio (showing attributes)
    • Action flow where you are calling the Web Service, showing what inputs are you passing to it
  • What is not working as expected:
    • Where were you expecting data to show and isn't
  • What were you expecting:
    • Visual Studio code where you are calling your web service and what data it is showing.

If you can share the WSDL url or file of the webservice you are consuming it might also help.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi P S,

It's hard for me to understand what you are doing, what is happening and what you need.

Maybe with screenshots of:

• What you are doing:
    • The web service definition in Service Studio (including web service methods and input/output parameters)
    • The web service structures definitions in Service Studio (showing attributes)
    • Action flow where you are calling the Web Service, showing what inputs are you passing to it
  • What is not working as expected:
    • Where were you expecting data to show and isn't
  • What were you expecting:
    • Visual Studio code where you are calling your web service and what data it is showing.

If you can share the WSDL url or file of the webservice you are consuming it might also help.

This is form for input for search data in my WebService.

• The web service structures definitions in Service Studio (showing attributes) :

structure is name of each return type (example:name,age,username,password)

This is my action

• Where were you expecting data to show and isn't:

data don't show. Maybe cause I can't get data.

• Visual Studio code where you are calling your web service and what data it is showing.:

I want data return.

really sorry, but my WebService so security.

Thanks.

Hi P S,

Here are you trying to see the data? In a table? Have you already try it to see in debug mode (see if data is retrieved by the web service).

Maybe the data is been retrieved but you need to refresh the widget were that data is shown.

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Hi P S,

Here what we understand is same webservice was returning data in Visual Studio, and in Outsystems not showing data, is that right?

Then try the following,

1) Try to debug(as Ricardo told) put the break point in the webservice action, and check for the input value.

2) After crossing breakpoint in WS, check the output (in this point if you are not getting data then your are not calling the same WS or passing input value isn´t correct).

3) Check for errors logs, like any connection or permission error causing issue.

Hope this help, let us know if your problem solved, if not give us more detail of what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Balu 

you need to send the specific input data to SOAP function of that webservice.

Example:

if you have a SOAP function that realizes the sum of 2 numbers like this:

function sum (int x,int y){

return x+y;

}

You need to call sum function on outsystems service Studio, between the start and end node. 

So that you have to consume your webservice, in logic tab/Integrations/(SOAP or REST, according with your WS type)/right click on Consume SOAP Webservice, then pass the input values for x and y that you want to sum, and then add an assign widget to save the returned value from your webservice.

I hope this help you.

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

P S, did you solve your problem?

Nuno Gonçalo Pereira wrote:

P S, did you solve your problem?

No. because return type of my webservice is "array" but outsystems don't support. 

Thanks.

Outsystems only doesn't support bidimensional array type, but support an array. I already consumed several webservice's which output were Record List's (basically arrays).

Nuno Gonçalo Pereira wrote:

Outsystems only doesn't support bidimensional array type, but support an array. I already consumed several webservice's which output were Record List's (basically arrays).

It's array in array. (array[array2[]])  

yes, i know it.