BPT - Automatic Activity - Error handling 
Question

Hi,

In a documentation related to BPT's Automatic activity it is mentioned that "When an error is raised in the Automatic Activity flow it causes the execution of the flow to stop. However, the Automatic Activity flow execution is retried again (from the beginning) after a while. This procedure is repeated until the Automatic Activity flow is successfully executed or the process is terminated." 

So, if an automatic activity is retried multiple times due to an error, I would like to know if there is any exact time interval between each retry.

Thanks 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Lakshmishree,

Automatic Activities that did not complete successfully (they were either aborted due to a timeout or due to an exception) retry forever. The platform will automatically retry them after some time (this time will increase with each re-execution, so as not to overload the server). I'm not 100% sure when, but it will eventually reach an hourly retry schedule and finally a daily retry schedule.

Hitesh is right in that Automatic Activities have effectively a timeout of 5 minutes, which means that they need to finish their work under 5 minutes or their execution will be aborted.

Hi Lakshmishree,

Automatic activities which hit a pre-defined timeout. The predefined timeout for BPT Automatic Activities is 5 minutes.

-Hitesh-

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Lakshmishree,

Automatic Activities that did not complete successfully (they were either aborted due to a timeout or due to an exception) retry forever. The platform will automatically retry them after some time (this time will increase with each re-execution, so as not to overload the server). I'm not 100% sure when, but it will eventually reach an hourly retry schedule and finally a daily retry schedule.

Hitesh is right in that Automatic Activities have effectively a timeout of 5 minutes, which means that they need to finish their work under 5 minutes or their execution will be aborted.

I was wondering: 

As BPT light uses only a single automatic activity: does the same retry apply? Or is the automatic activity somehow different?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.