Data Queries and Widgets II part 1.

i am trying to work through this step and when i deploy i get a exception when trying to add any one to a role.   From what i can tell the movie ID is 0 when it is executing the save function but then i relay don't see any data in the debugger to be sure.  The add role screen populates as expected with move title the list of people and roles but can not save.  ideas where to look ? 

Hi Stephen,

Can you explain your problem in details one by one in a point, so we can help you.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi Stephen,

You are doing this part PersonMovieRoleForm.Record.MovieId = MovieId on save? If yes can you send us some print screens of the error and of the save action.

Regards,

Marcelo

stephen hays wrote:

i am trying to work through this step and when i deploy i get a exception when trying to add any one to a role.   From what i can tell the movie ID is 0 when it is executing the save function but then i relay don't see any data in the debugger to be sure.  The add role screen populates as expected with move title the list of people and roles but can not save.  ideas where to look ? 

Hi,

Can you tell the page number of the pdf where you are stuck right now or attach any reference oml or screenshot?

stephen hays wrote:

Hi stephen  hays,

In the Add Movie Participant save action, make sure you have done the following things:

in the assign statement 

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

PersonMovieRoleForm.Record.MovieId = 
 MovieId

Source for the CreatePersonMovieRole is 

PersonMovieRoleForm.Record

ok i have some screen shots to help you see what is going on.   attached image of task trying to do and you can see the page number there.  

Solution

Hi Stephen,

That assign is the other way around. You should assign MovieId to PersonMovieRoleForm.Record.MovieId and not the other way around like you are doing assigning PersonMovieRoleForm.Record.MovieId to MovieId.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

thank you all for your help