List items not updating after assigning new argument ID

I have an application which displays a HardwareList. Each record of the HardwareList will go to a new screen with the StockList associated with the appropriate Hardware. E.g. If I select "cables" I will go to a new list with different types of cables and if I select "computers" the list should display different types of computers. However, every record will only display "Cables" which happens to be the first record in the list and will not update if I select another record. I have set each list element to change to the StockList page based on the ID of the selected Hardware which in theory, should select the right StockList for the different types of hardware.

Any ideas on why this isn't working?

Hi Jason,

Have you joined Hardware table with Stock table in aggregate on Preparation of your first page? Probable the cables number to be the same of its diffrente types.

Take a look the joins in aggregate.

I hope helped you!

Regards,

Maycon Silva

Hi Jason,

can you give us some print screens of the entities and the aggregates you are using? only then we can properly help you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Jason,

can you give us some print screens of the entities and the aggregates you are using? only then we can properly help you.

Regards,

Marcelo

This is the aggregate with the entities I'm using. So the first screen displays "Hardware Type" description as below and when selected, moves to a new screen which displays the different "stocks" of that selected hardware type. However, every record displays "Cables" instead of "PC accessory etc."

Hi Jason,

When you go to the next screen you are filtering by the correct HardwareTypeId?

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Jason,

When you go to the next screen you are filtering by the correct HardwareTypeId?

Regards,

Marcelo

I believe so, I am currently filtering it like this and it is returning the correct values, it is just the screen display which does not update.

Solution

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. On the second page, your issue is with the contents of the stock list? or with the label above the list?

• If it's the first, and your aggregate seems to be returning the right data, I'm guessing your issue is with the way you are displaying the list.
    • Can you show us the hierarchy of Screen elements/widgets you have on the second screen you showed? Also show us the properties for the List that's displaying the stock and for the Expression on the List row that is displaying the stock name. 
  • If it's the later, I expect you have two aggregates, one to fetch the name of the hardware type, the other to fetch the the stock of products of that type. You are probably not filtering the first aggregate by the HardwareId (so it fetches all and you just display the first one, which is always the same).

Solution