Downloading and uploading application's

Hi guys,

I downloaded my application from my personal environment, but I want to upload it to my colleagues personal environment. I'm getting an error message regarding licensing and intellectual property. However, I'm surprised I am getting this meesage as I thought it waa possible to transfer application across personal environments.

Can someone advise how I can do this?

Thanks,

Asha

Solution

Hello Asha,

It is not possible to transfer applications between a personal environment and any other environment (being personal or not).

The only applications you can install in a Personal environment are those you download from Forge or the applications you share here in the forum, to provide others with your code to help you to solve problems.

Bear in mind that on both locations (Forge and Forum), you are turning your code into public code usable by anyone without owing nothing to the creator.

Cheers

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

The only applications you can install in a Personal environment are those you download from Forge or the applications you share here in the forum, to provide others with your code to help you to solve problems.

Just a quick side question. Why does this (bold part) work? It isn't simply file attachments, it seems that something happens internally. And why can't this then be a workaround for his situation?

Hi Vincent,

It workd because the IPP code is removed from the file, if it is an OML or an OAP.

The problem of using this as a workaround for passing files from a Personal Environment for other environment or vice-versa is that the code will become available to anyone that wants to see it and use it (you are accepting this when put a file as attachment here).

So, the idea is to use the forum only for the forum's purpose: ask for help. If people abuse this, we are risking OutSystems blocking this option, or reducing the usefulnnes of the Personal Environments, as there are commercial reasons for this rule (this is just my opinion, not an official position of OutSystems).

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Asha,

It is not possible to transfer applications between a personal environment and any other environment (being personal or not).

Bear in mind that on both locations (Forge and Forum), you are turning your code into public code usable by anyone without owing nothing to the creator.

Cheers

Thanks Eduardo,