Show Widget Tree button missing

I was messing around with CSS in a web screen and suddenly Service Studio crashed. After restarting SS I noticed that the Show Widget Tree button is missing. The keyboard shortcut (ctrl-w) isn't also working.

Even after repeatingly restarting the client and opening other projects then the one I was working one doesn't show the button so I suspect that I somehow disabled this button. Needless to say this is rather hindering.  Does anyone have a solution other then reinstalling SS?

Vincent Koning wrote:

I was messing around with CSS in a web screen and suddenly Service Studio crashed. After restarting SS I noticed that the Show Widget Tree button is missing. The keyboard shortcut (ctrl-w) isn't also working.

Even after repeatingly restarting the client and opening other projects then the one I was working one doesn't show the button so I suspect that I somehow disabled this button. Needless to say this is rather hindering.  Does anyone have a solution other then reinstalling SS?

Ctr+W short key for it

regards,

Amreen

Make double click on the WebScreen -> SaturationDecompressionMetric...

Try   Edit (Menu) -- > Preference --> Restore Defaults.

Note : your Autosave of Environment and password will be gone. you need to enter it again.

This will reset the Editor but will not remove any of your data or code. I would recommend to do a publish before you try

coder kamath wrote:

Try   Edit (Menu) -- > Preference --> Restore Defaults.

Note : your Autosave of Environment and password will be gone. you need to enter it again.

This will reset the Editor but will not remove any of your data or code. I would recommend to do a publish before you try

Not sure what magic just happened but this was the thing that worked for me! 

Thanks for all the answers!

Hi Vicent

If I understood this is a bug in Service Studio. You must report it to OS Suport

Regards

Solution

Hi Vincent,

I don't feel this is a bug. service studio hides the widget tree when you are previewing the service studio in browser mode.

just click on the browser icon it will show the widget tree.

Regards,

Pankaj Pant

Solution

Pankaj pant wrote:

Hi Vincent,

I don't feel this is a bug. service studio hides the widget tree when you are previewing the service studio in browser mode.

Regards,

Pankaj Pant

I think this was indeed the issue. Can't test it anymore but replaying this is 100% consistent with the behavior I had. 

Vincent Koning wrote:

Pankaj pant wrote:

Hi Vincent,

Regards,

Pankaj Pant

I think this was indeed the issue. Can't test it anymore but replaying this is 100% consistent with the behavior I had. 

I think there is actually some sort of Bug. I guess that is why you had a Crash.

I guess there might be some sort of Logs or Dumps when it crashed. 

Please check with Support team and let us know if you got any more info.

I noticed that the Outsystems service studio has setting file and cookies stored somewhere around here C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\OutSystems.

And Despite removing the Service studio these files don't get removed.

Few months ago I had a problem with Logging in to the server It was only issue in my machine and worked fine from Different Machines. Despite Reinstalling the service studio the issue remained. But by Restoring Defaults I was able to Login again.

So I keep this solution as as a Magical Solutions to all or Many service studio crashes or issues :)