Hello guys, 

I think this is half of a help request and half of an idea/suggestion. 

It's 2019 and there's no reliable multiple file upload component. The upload widget is a single shot gun. and the most used on in the forge uses a very convoluted mechanism and when implemented, it appears like it's uploading twice (once when you select the file, one when you finally post the form), even though I thank the person who developed it, it is not a perfect solution and it also seems to hang quite badly when the file sizes are on the bigger side.

I was trying to integrate some external library like Dropzone but that is also a tricky/complicated process due to the nature of OutSystems.

So has anyone implemented a good solution to handle multiple files?

Have you looked at this component? https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/200/multiple-file-upload . It's rated well and has lots of downloads. If you have an issue with a particular component. please try to contact that author. Alternatively, if there is something out there that is not currently available in the forge - feel free to build a wrapper around it and publish it to the forge as well! :)

Thanks,

Stacey

Stacey Levine wrote:

Have you looked at this component? https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/200/multiple-file-upload . It's rated well and has lots of downloads. If you have an issue with a particular component. please try to contact that author. Alternatively, if there is something out there that is not currently available in the forge - feel free to build a wrapper around it and publish it to the forge as well! :)

Thanks,

Stacey

Hello Stacey,

Yes, of course I have. That's the component I mentioned above. It seems to do the upload twice, once when you choose the files, once when you commit them. It's not ideal, also looks pretty ugly, there are much better solutions out there, which I would love to 'build a wrapper around' but I don't quite know how. Hence this request for help.