Simply i'd like to Pass RecordList.List to generic list in C# by passing it to extension.

I have developed a class library in c# to convert list to DataTable to use it in some functions.

I;ve tested that dll at web asp.net and worked fine.

I've noticed that the generic list from c# couldn't use it as extension. 

So how to pass RecordList.List to my dll, or which type equivalent to RecordList.List to use in c#

You could try to create a structure which holds a list of key->value pairs.
This way outsystems is able to handle it and you can use it as a generic list in C.

Your return value needs to be something that outsystem can handle though. I assume you return a string or something?

There is a datatables component available, it might be easier to use that instead?

Hi 

Check out the extension ArdoJSON code.There is a method JSON2RecordList in that extension where they pass a record list of an OutSystems structure to the extension. 

This is done by casting the record list as an Object type using the ToObject() method.

In the C# world you can cast it as IOSList and use it. 

IOSList rl = (IOSList)ssRecordList;

The code in the ArdoJSON extension should give you a good idea on how to proceed with your problem. 

Hope this helps !!!

The case exactly that I would like to pass data form RecordList that filled from Entity, so i need only previewed data from RecordList widget and passing this list to third party to convert this list to PDF.

so I want to print out or export previewed data as PDF, not all web page.

Why integration studio doesn't see methods with parameters of type generic List<T>.

How to pass data or lists to custom solution wherever what i need to do?

tried to convert RecordList.list to object but doesn't give me the result i need from other side in c#.

Amal Raj wrote:

Hi 

Check out the extension ArdoJSON code.There is a method JSON2RecordList in that extension where they pass a record list of an OutSystems structure to the extension. 

This is done by casting the record list as an Object type using the ToObject() method.

In the C# world you can cast it as IOSList and use it. 

IOSList rl = (IOSList)ssRecordList;

The code in the ArdoJSON extension should give you a good idea on how to proceed with your problem. 

Hope this helps !!!

Hi Amal

How do we iterate over record list in c# extension ?  

My structure is : 

Extension code is : 

How do we access Property Client of Above structure , any idea ? 

You can convert to Json and send it as text and in the code convert it back to the structure you think is correct..

Sree Natarajan wrote:

You can convert to Json and send it as text and in the code convert it back to the structure you think is correct..

If you have any example can you share ? 

Is there any documentation around using record list in Extension ? need to iterate record list in extension to perform some validation over the record properties .