Multilingual Locales

Hi everyone!

I'm developing an application where I have a button dropdown to select the language. The problem is, when I set the local to pt-Pt or to en-GB, all the content of the screen is correctly translated, including the feedback messages, but when the local is set to fr-FR, the same does not happen. The feedback messages don't appear in the screen. I already verified the fr-FR translation file and feedback messages are correctly translated. 

Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thank you!

Hi Ana,

Were you able to reproduce this in a small example that you can send to us?

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ana,

Were you able to reproduce this in a small example that you can send to us?

Regards,

Marcelo

Thank You for your answer, Marcelo! 

In attachment, I send you print screens of my errors.

In the first picture, I selected the en-GB locale and all the screen was translated including the feedback message.

But if you look at picture 2, when I set the locale to fr-FR, the screen was translated but the feedback message showed in the picture 1 did not appear, for the same actions that were carried out for en-GB locale.

Then, I did the inspect and there were 8 errors, related to JavaScript I think, and I don't know how to solve them.

Could you help me?

Thank you!

Hi Ana,

Basically you are missing the Richwidgets\Feedback_Message in your page. Normally this is included in the page by default when you use the layouts of know templates. On the onChange action of your combobox that change the language what do you do beside changing the locale.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ana,

Basically you are missing the Richwidgets\Feedback_Message in your page. Normally this is included in the page by default when you use the layouts of know templates. On the onChange action of your combobox that change the language what do you do beside changing the locale.

Regards,

Marcelo

Basically, the combo in inserted in a webblock and the action to Change Language sends a notify with the languageId and the destination of that action is the current screen. Then, the preparation runs again and I verify the languageId and according to that, the correspondent locale. It is important to notice that for English and Portuguese, the feedback message is correctly translated in the screen. That's why I really don't know why the same does not happen for French... 

Thank you

Hi Ana,

I would have to look better into the code to understand what is happening. Just for a quick test. If you add Richwidgets\Feedback_Message to the page you want to show the feedback message,  things start working?

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ana,

I would have to look better into the code to understand what is happening. Just for a quick test. If you add Richwidgets\Feedback_Message to the page you want to show the feedback message,  things start working?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo.

Unfortunately, I cannot send you my app, because of the confidential agreement that I have with my company.

But I already tried what you said and the results were the same. In the screen, the feedback messages appeared in English and Portuguese, but not in French.

Basically, I have a survey, I filled it, and in the Submit action, I send feedback messages when my validations fail. 

These feedback messages are correctly translated in the screen when the locale is set to English or Portuguese, but the same does not happen for French. The feedback messages don't appear in the screen. I already did the debug in the Submit action and the feedback message is correctly translated in the action, but it does not appear in the screen...

Thank you

HI,

I even tried to replicate your problem as you can see on attachment. And everything works fine. Yes your problem is on the client side not the server side.On your JS errors can you click on Feedback_Message.fr.js:98. this will send you to this file which has an error. send me that file so I can check it.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

HI,

I even tried to replicate your problem as you can see on attachment. And everything works fine. Yes your problem is on the client side not the server side.On your JS errors can you click on Feedback_Message.fr.js:98. this will send you to this file which has an error. send me that file so I can check it.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, once again thank you for your reply. 

Unfortunately the problem persists, but in attachment, I send you the JS error obtained and I already checked your app and it is not similar to mine. I will try to reproduce my problem in a new file so I can share with you.

Thank you!

Hi Ana, 

Just curious to know, since it might have been a minor slip, which we missed. When you click on the locale for translation, in your case for french.Did you change the Behaviour to translate for all your feedback messages.If not, please change to translate and then generate the excel.

Thanks and Regards,

Priya 

Solution

Hi Ana,

Which platform version are you using? Looks like richwidgets has a bug on that version in the french translation. It uses '3 Une exception s'est produite dans le script client.\n Erreur:' between simple quotes and because it has a quote inside it doesn't work.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Priyadharshini S wrote:

Hi Ana, 

Just curious to know, since it might have been a minor slip, which we missed. When you click on the locale for translation, in your case for french.Did you change the Behaviour to translate for all your feedback messages.If not, please change to translate and then generate the excel.

Thanks and Regards,

Priya 

Hi Priya. Yes, It was the first thing that I checked. The problem only occur when I set the local to French. 

Anyway, thank you for your reply! :)

Regards, 

Ana

Hi Ana,

To complete my last answer. You have 2 options or you can upgrade your platform or you need to contact support. There is a third option of you fix it yourself but I wouldn't go that road because would be a lot of work.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ana,

Which platform version are you using? Looks like richwidgets has a bug on that version in the french translation. It uses '3 Une exception s'est produite dans le script client.\n Erreur:' between simple quotes and because it has a quote inside it doesn't work.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi again, Marcelo

I'm using Outsystems 10. That was what I suspect, because the translation to Portuguese is correctly done. I already changed the local do fr-BE and the problem remains... I really don't know what to do.

Thank you!

Hi Ana,

As I said before the options are updating to a newer version but to be honest I don't know when this was solved. So the best option is contacting Outsystems support saying that you have a bug on Richwidgets\FeedbackMessage.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Ana,

As I said before the options are updating to a newer version but to be honest I don't know when this was solved. So the best option is contacting Outsystems support saying that you have a bug on Richwidgets\FeedbackMessage.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I really appreciate your help. 

Thank your for your time,

Regards,

Ana