Environment Health IIS shows red cross at IIS column

In our environment we see a red cross at the IIS column. The service is up and running and it's only displayed on the line of frontendserver1, when you open environment health from one of the other frontendservers.

Does anyone knows which exact address is targeted when checking for the IIS service?
So that we are able to run that check from the other frontendservers and see why this error occurs.

Probably it has something todo with the SEO configuration but we need to have the error to solve it :D (or at least be able to reproduce it).

Thanks!

Are you talking about in Service Center > Monitoring > Environment Health? 

What does it say when you hover your mouse over the red X?

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

Are you talking about in Service Center > Monitoring > Environment Health? 

What does it say when you hover your mouse over the red X?

Yes, that’s the page.

The mouse-over returns a 403 forbidden but every page I try on the server returns a correct page.

That’s why I want to know which url or service is used to check if the IIS is up :).

Peter Van Den Ochtend wrote:

In our environment we see a red cross at the IIS column. The service is up and running and it's only displayed on the line of frontendserver1, when you open environment health from one of the other frontendservers.

Does anyone knows which exact address is targeted when checking for the IIS service?
So that we are able to run that check from the other frontendservers and see why this error occurs.

Probably it has something todo with the SEO configuration but we need to have the error to solve it :D (or at least be able to reproduce it).

Thanks!

I assume you are running an on-premises installation? If so, the IP/Interface used on health checks are the ones registered on the configuration tool during the Front-end registration. If your servers are running with multiple NICs you may also want to double check with which interface they are communicating between each other as 403 suggests that you are hitting the other server using the wrong source interface/ip. Try setting all the vlans also part of the internal network configuration.