Layout Questions - Remove Nav column

I have a web application that normally has a left nav. Built with the regular OutSystems 11 "left nav" option.

The designer wants a dashboard that has no navigation. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting an application that has the title and login information shown at the top, but no left nav column. I've tried the clone of custom screen templates, but I can't seem to get it to recognize and display the left and right content of the header (application title and login info). I can see in the application with this template that the header is in the HTML but it does not show on the page. 

Is there a guide to how to do this? It doesn't seem like it should be so difficult! I must be missing something...

thanks for your help,

Stephanie

Quick fix: inspect to find the class and override with display: none. Better fix: create a layout without the nav bar and apply to the screen.

Arley Silveira wrote:

Quick fix: inspect to find the class and override with display: none. Better fix: create a layout without the nav bar and apply to the screen.

Thanks for commenting - I have been trying the second (preferred) option  

I have created a new template  when I include the application title and login info web blocks at the top and apply this template, then load the page, the header is not displayed  

I can see the proper code in the page.  Un the template, it appears at the bottom of the template (despite the fact I put it into the top).

What I’m looking for is step-by-step how to create a template since I appear to be doing something wrong in the template creation.

Thanks!

Solution

Attached an example. Probably you missed applying the styles to the placeholders.

Solution