Hi Guys,

I am wondering on how to copy the data from the PRD to UAT so that when we are going to do some of our testing, it would at least mimic the one in production. Does anyone know or have any idea on this one?

Cheers,

JohnB

Hi John,

If you have a data management tool connected you can use SQL scripts.

There are also commercial forge components like data mover.

Or you will have to create yourself import/export functionality within OutSystems.

If you have Sentry for your production environment, the first option I mentioned is not possible.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi John,

Daniël's suggestions are spot on. I just wanted to add a caveat: when copying data via the database, you need to be careful about encrypted data as each environment has a different Private Key used as part of the encryption process, so different environments will produce different encrypted results for the same original data. 

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi John,

Daniël's suggestions are spot on. I just wanted to add a caveat: when copying data via the database, you need to be careful about encrypted data as each environment has a different Private Key used as part of the encryption process, so different environments will produce different encrypted results for the same original data. 

Hi Jorge,

That is valuable information, didn't think of that. 

Regards,

Daniel