Views
Comments
Error "ORA-01013" by adding Database-Connection in wizard

Hello, I will add a external database in the integration Studio, but when I picked up my added Database from Service Center and waiting such time, there is nothing go on and get an error "ORA-01013"...

What can i do? Whats wrong?

I checked that the database is on and I still have a connection.

I followed the documentation, but stuck on between step 3 and 4 of the wizard, after selcting my database on step 2.

with best regards

Anton Schaarschmidt

From Germany

Error.png

Were you able to add the connection string and test it successfully in Service Center?

Yes, I tested it successfully.

Anton Schaarschmidt wrote:

Yes, I tested it successfully.

Same here. Is there a solution to this issue?

Champion

Hi Anton, Martin,

The error ORA-01013 is causing as a result of timeout or connection cancel request. Which eventually terminates the established connection. The ServiceCenter screen and the explanation of error clearly show the connection established at first place. 

Q: Now the issue is why it's terminating already established connection?

Just to be very sure, Did you check the NLS of the external databae? Refer NLS_LANGUAGE option 

Regards,

Swatantra

Champion

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Hi Anton, Martin,

The error ORA-01013 is causing as a result of timeout or connection cancel request. Which eventually terminates the established connection. The ServiceCenter screen and the explanation of error clearly show the connection established at first place. 

Q: Now the issue is why it's terminating already established connection?

Just to be very sure, Did you check the NLS of the external databae? Refer NLS_LANGUAGE option 

Regards,

Swatantra

Hi Both,

I saw the Database configuration aricle has also pointed towards NLS options for oracle.

Oracle

To integrate with an Oracle database, the NLS_CHARACTERSET must be set to WE8MSWIN1252 or AL32UTF8. Additionally, names of tables and columns you want to integrate must use uppercase letters only.

Champion

Hi Both,

I saw the Database configuration aricle has also pointed towards NLS options for oracle.

Oracle

To integrate with an Oracle database, the NLS_CHARACTERSET must be set to WE8MSWIN1252 or AL32UTF8. Additionally, names of tables and columns you want to integrate must use uppercase letters only.

Hi all,

At first I didn't enter the NLS_LANGUAGE parameter in de database connection setup. The connections tested successfull. 

The database NLS_LANGUAGE is DUTCH and the NLS_CHARACTERSET  is AL32UTF8. So I tried the connection again with DUTCH as the value for the NLS_LANGUAGE parameter. Again the connection was successfull, but I also still did get the timeout (ending in ORA-01013) while retrieving the users from the database.

The environment I was using is more or less a environment to play with. In a more production like environment I was able to retrieve the users, concluding that the issue is with the environment.

For me it's okay for now.

Champion

Glad Martin, that the issue got resolved (on other/production environment). Though the development environment may have other setup issue which may be causing the issue, but I'm surprised why it is complaining about ORA-01013.

Orcale mentions the error code is related to NLS_CHARACTERSET. You're the best to determine if it's worth to investigate further. If, then happy to look after :)

Regards,

Swatantra

I have this same issue.

The DB team informed to use NLS_LANGUAGE = AMERICAN and NLS_CHARACTERSET = AL32UTF8

In Service Center I have set NLS_LANGUAGE = AMERICAN and NLS_LENGHT_SEMANTICS have tried both BYTE and CHAR and the Test Connection always works.

But in Integration Studio, always get the  ORA-01013 error.