Outystems Google Maps ErroR: "You're using a Retired Version"

I'm having this error when using Google Maps and I don't know if this is a serious issue:

util.js:219 Google Maps JavaScript API warning: RetiredVersion https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#retired-version

The link explains the reason. But the question is:

WHICH PART OF THE GOOGLE MAPS MODULE SHOULD I MODIFY ? HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS?

Context:

This error appears when I click my Google Map Marker in hopes to trigger an infowindow (popup)

Is this code also correct?

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

"
    var contentString = 'Sample Content Popup';

var infowindow = new google.maps.InfoWindow({
          content: contentString
      });

// Access this gMarker's map, set the center
    // to its position and zoom
    this.getMap().setCenter(this.getPosition());
    this.getMap().setZoom(8);
    infowindow.open(this.getMap(), this);
"
Solution

Hi Helios,

The “retired version” warning is not something critical. It just tells you that the loaded script version is not the current or the latest one. 

Please Update your GoogleMaps by managing dependencies.

Regards,

Amreen

Solution

Hi Helios,

First of all, it would have been preferable that you had posted this on the Component's support forum, that way you'd more easily catch the attention of the team that maintains it.

Probably the Google Maps component is using v3.33 and that one was discontinued mid February (today?). According to their explanation, you automatically load the weekly version of the API, so it shouldn't affect much.

You can see here this has been asked in the past as well: the solution is to change the Site Property that defines what is the version of the API using. Unless there have been relevant changes in the API that might affect the existing component's code, this change shouldn't have any negative impact.

As for your code, I haven't touched the component since I did the initial hack to support routes so can't really help you right now, but it looks ok to my untrained eye: getMap() returns the Google Maps Map object.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Helios,

First of all, it would have been preferable that you had posted this on the Component's support forum, that way you'd more easily catch the attention of the team that maintains it.

Probably the Google Maps component is using v3.33 and that one was discontinued mid February (today?). According to their explanation, you automatically load the weekly version of the API, so it shouldn't affect much.

You can see here this has been asked in the past as well: the solution is to change the Site Property that defines what is the version of the API using. Unless there have been relevant changes in the API that might affect the existing component's code, this change shouldn't have any negative impact.

As for your code, I haven't touched the component since I did the initial hack to support routes so can't really help you right now, but it looks ok to my untrained eye: getMap() returns the Google Maps Map object.

Thanks, so this is not the reason why my Infowindow is not showing when I click the marker?