Change cursor when processing

Hello,

I have a popup web screen where the user can upload binary data. The upload button processes the selected files. The process takes a lot of time and I don't want the user to be able to click somewhere else during the loading. So I thought maybe the best way is to disable the cursor and change the style of it. But how is this done?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi aheristchi,

The user will always be able to close the window. You can't really control the cursor.
But you can disable elements in the screen (like buttons, etc), and enable than only at the end of the operation, or, in this case, when you close the popup after the processing ends.

Cheers.

Hi aheristchi,

The best way, is use late_load() and use CSS, to create a "div" with z-index, so they can't click anywhere.

Best Regards,

PVN

Hi Aheristchi,

you can style like below

.your-class-name {cursor: wait;}

.your-class-name {cursor: not-allowed;}

Regards,

Pankaj

Hi,

I don't know how this will work inside a popup. but normally in this cases I don't want the user to touch the screen I open a model with a message. And than I close it when the process is done. 

Regards,

Marcelo

aheristchi wrote:

Hello,

I have a popup web screen where the user can upload binary data. The upload button processes the selected files. The process takes a lot of time and I don't want the user to be able to click somewhere else during the loading. So I thought maybe the best way is to disable the cursor and change the style of it. But how is this done?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

To block the UI you should use full page ajax wait.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1072/full-screen-ajax-wait

Regards,

Pankaj