Lifetime Deployment To Production Error

Hi Dears,

I added a database connection in my development environment, When I move my apllication to production environment, using LifeTime, the attached printscreen error ocurred. Before do this, I registered the database connection in my production environment, using Service Center. 

Now, when a click in the 'Configuration or Confirmation' link, is shown a browser interrupted connection error's. Some guidance?

Thanks,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I'm not sure why you are getting a "Browser interrupted connection error", but so far the process you are following seems to be standard apart from the bold step below that you can do manually from Service Center:

• in the Development Environment:
    • you used Service Center to define an external database connection with a name;
    • you created your extension, with a logical database name;
    • you mapped your extension's logical database name to your database connection's name
    • applications can use your extension.
  • in the Production Environment you will need to do the same:
    • you need to use Service Center to define an external database connection with a name;
    • you publish your application (that includes the extension) from the Development Environment to the Production Environment using LifeTime;
    • you get a warning/error because your extension needs to have its logical database name mapped to a connection's name defined in the Production Environment. You click the link provided in LifeTime (or you open your extension in Service Center (on the Production Environment) and configure the database mapping it the Operations tab (if I remember correctly)
    • you continue with the deployment to Production and your applications should work as expected.

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your help. I done exactly you recommended, step by step, in the development environment and in the production environment. The new application version has a new extended (XIF) that contains a logical database. But I see, that the production does not include the extension, in the same form that in development. Attached, the database connection in development and production environments.

And the problem, is that now I am in a deadlock. I don't get abort neither continue my development plan.

Thanks

Roberto,

Go to Service Center on the Production Environment, select the Factory section, and inside go to the Extensions sub-section. You should see your Extension there with an error icon (red circle with a white cross).

Open your extension, go to the Operations tab and from the logical database configuration dropdown select your EasyBatchAutoCol database connection. That should fix your extension. Once that is done, you can either continue your deployment plan or deploy again your application from the Development Environment (this time the extension is already configured, so you won't get that configuration step).

Jorge,

I look my extension and it was included in the production, but not compiled. See the attached printscreen. I will try to compile (publish) it to see if the extension appears in the database connection.

Roberto,

Your Extension will not show up in the Database Connection info until you map its logical database to the database connection.

On the screenshot you just posted, see there is an "Operation" tab?... go there, and you will be able to tell the platform what database connection your extension should be using.

Great Jorge, when a published, the service center ask me to associate the logical database to the extension, and the extension appeared in the database connect.

Well, now must I repeat the move process? But how can I cancelled the actual development plan? I read in the forum a way to delete de plan id. But I'm scare. Is this secure, and it works?

Why not just go to LifeTime and click on the Deploy/Plan/Verify/Whatever is the current name of the button between Development and Production and see what it does? Redeploying is fine, but likely it will actually allow you to continue with the executing plan.

Jorge, I don't know if I am doing the choice correct (Deploy/Plan/Verify/Whatever) . Look the printscreen attached. When I click in the orange warning bottom, the flow goes to my first post. Ask confirm link and apeears the browser connection error.

If I try to deploy again, it shows the print screen attached, saying that there is a plan being executed. I followed a forum recomendation to save and discard the plan, but it does not work.

Let me get this straight, you have three environments: Development, Testing and Production; and you deployed from Development directly to Production? I'm not sure I can help you...

If you were following the standard - and safer - practice (deploying from the previous environment), your green Deploy button between environments would say something along the lines of Deploying... and would allow direct access to the current deployment running just by clicking it... in your specific scenario I can't remember how to get there, and don't have an infrastructure around I can test it now.

If you still have access to the initial screen you show on the screenshot, there should be a button somewhere that would allow you to Skip the configuration, no?

Jorge,

Yes, in the moment I don't using the test environment. I move the development directly to production. But I believe that I had found the problem, that seems a LifeTime bug. In the link 'Configuration or Confirmation' of the first post, instead my production environment name, it was a curious link (eab9....). Then, I change this string by may production name, and the process go away. The Service Center screen was showed, the solution compilation was terminated, and the flow returns to the LifeTime screen. See the printscreen attached, There is still the same complain about the database map, that I think that I already do, but no problem, I will look. Now, the deployment plan was finished, and the application was updated. 

I would like to thank you by your important and fundamental help, and prompt in a sunday.

Best Regards,

Roberto

You're welcome Roberto!

In case this is indeed a bug of LifeTime, would you mind filing a support ticket to have them check? (no point having a great platform with bugs that don't let us do our work, right?).

I'll be sure to get their attention to this as well.

Have a great sunday!

Hello @Roberto Campos.

Regarding the first issue you reported in LifeTime, when clicking in 'Configuration or Confirmation' link.

Can you please check how is Hostname configured? (You can access this configuration in Service Center > Administration > Environment Configuration)

From what I can see the behavior you reported can be caused by an incorrect value of this configuration.

Best Regards,

Hi Ricardo,

This is my configuration.

Thanks

Jorge Martins wrote:

You're welcome Roberto!

In case this is indeed a bug of LifeTime, would you mind filing a support ticket to have them check? (no point having a great platform with bugs that don't let us do our work, right?).

I'll be sure to get their attention to this as well.

Have a great sunday!

Sure Jorge! Thanks.