OutSystems UI Web - DropdownSelect - Client Side Validations not working

Hi,

We are using the component DropdownSelect from OutSystemsUI in the combo-boxes in our application. 

We need to use client-side validations for our use-case (check mandatory fields, data types, etc...). However, when the DropdownSelect component is used, the validations that would otherwise be triggered in a normal combo-box are not triggered.

In the component, we are just passing the Id of the combo-box widget. Is there any way to continue using the DropdownSelect with the client-side validations working? Is this a bug of the component?

Regards,

João Mateus

Hi João Mateus,

What version are you using? Can you show where you are using that widget?

Regards,

Hi João,

Is a limitation of the component. And I think is because the select is hidden and replaced by other stuff.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks for the replies,

@Marco - I'm using OutSystems 11, which is the only version that uses OutSystems UI. Previously, I would use SilkUI, which does not have this component. It has a similar one, Select2 which I believe does not have this limitation. I am using the widget alongside a normal combo-box, I just pass the Id of the combo as an input parameter. I have tested just using the combo and the client side validations worked.

@Marcelo - Yes, I was afraid that was the case. Exactly, components similar to this one (Select2) hide the select and show HTML elements that are easier to style/add functionality.

Perhaps this can be fixed in a later release of OutSystems UI.

Regards,

João Mateus

Hi João Mateus,

Thanks for the info, I could only see Select2 widget in my environment. Now I see you are referring to: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Web_Patterns/Controls/DropdownSelect

Let us know how you solved! :)