Drag&drop of server actions to the expression editor missing in Service Studio 11?

Hi,

In Service Studio 10 it was possible to drag & drop server actions (functions) directly from the Logic tab into the expression editor window. This feature seems to disappear in SS 11. Do you know anything whether it has really disappeared or is only somewhere hidden?

Regards

Tomasz

Hi Tomasz M. Lipinski,

On my service studio version 11.0.204.0 is still working. Which version do you have?

Could it be because you need to assign the same types (regarding the function output and variable to assign)?

Regards,

Hi,

My SS is 11.0.408.0.

The data types of the variable and the function are the same - see the attached print-screen.

And it doesn't work.

Regards

Tomasz

Tomasz M. Lipinski wrote:

Hi,

In Service Studio 10 it was possible to drag & drop server actions (functions) directly from the Logic tab into the expression editor window. This feature seems to disappear in SS 11. Do you know anything whether it has really disappeared or is only somewhere hidden?

Regards

Tomasz

Did you already assigned your server action as a function to use in an expression?

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Yes, it is declared as a function (see attachment).

Regards

Tomasz

Hi Tomasz M. Lipinski,

Do you have the local variable already declared in the assign? See my example:

Yes, of course. Exactly the same example. Works by you, not by me :-)

BTW Are you sure your version of SS is 11?

Regards

Tomasz

The function you've tried to drag and drop was in the same module? if your function is in the other module, shouldn't be the public property? i'm trying to help you..

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira

Hi Tomasz M. Lipinski ,

Regards

Tomasz

Yes Service Studio version was 11.0.204.0. 

I've now upgraded to 11.0.408.0 and is not working!

You can send a request issue to OutSystems :)

Nuno,

If it were not public I wouldn't see it ... Yes, it is from some other module and is public. And the same concerns functions from the same module.

Regards

Tomasz

Marco,

Thanks for the cooperation. The support case has been created. I'll let you know when fixed :-)

Regards

Tomasz

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi Tomasz M. Lipinski ,

Regards

Tomasz

Yes Service Studio version was 11.0.204.0. 

I've now upgraded to 11.0.408.0 and is not working!

You can send a request issue to OutSystems :)

Yes Tomasz, report this issue to Outsystems. It's not a normal behaviour.

Best Regards,

Nuno Pereira