Hi Everyone. 

Let's say user wants to upload their image,  birth certificate and passport. 

I would like to know where is the best place to store the files uploaded by users which are permanent and we don't want to loose it. 

Is it in database with Data or in file system ?

If it is file system, can anyone help me to find the right folder to put files ?

Regards,

Anahit 

Hi Anahit Pahlevanyan,

I'd say store in database, I do not see advantage on this case to store the files in filesystem. Just use the normal database storage way of OutSystems and it will also be easier to manage these documents (just think they need to be secured since is personal data).

Regards,

Marco Arede wrote: Hi Marco. 

Thanks for the answer. 

My questions is in this case is it okay if database goes too big ? because we will have tousends of users each of them will upload at least 50 documents. 

And also as I know you are not able to put multiple Binary Data type in one Entity, so I have to crate 50 different entities  and keep their primary keys in main Entity? 

Regards,

Anahit 

Hi Anahit Pahlevanyan,

I'd say store in database, I do not see advantage on this case to store the files in filesystem. Just use the normal database storage way of OutSystems and it will also be easier to manage these documents (just think they need to be secured since is personal data).

Regards,

Hi,

Database normally is not a good option for files because it will make the dB grow too much. You should go for the file system option. For example the project I'm in right now we even decide to store files in Aws S3.

Even if is not the best option on the database you wouldn't need 50 entities. What you need is to have a foreign key on the entity with the binary instead of using the id of the binary entity in another entity.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Anahit Pahlevanyan,

My questions is in this case is it okay if database goes too big ? because we will have tousends of users each of them will upload at least 50 documents. 

And also as I know you are not able to put multiple Binary Data type in one Entity, so I have to crate 50 different entities  and keep their primary keys in main Entity? 

On this case, due to the amount of documents and users, is better to use filesystem (consider also external tools to manage documents, as Alfresco).

Regards,