Hi everyone

I need only screen orientation portrait . 

How can i lock landscape orientation in my mobile app.

Solution

Try in extensibility configurations:

{
    "preferences": {
        "global": [
            {
            "name": "orientation",
            "value": "portrait"
            }
        ]
    }
}

To test, you need install a new build.

More about this:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Customize_Your_Mobile_App/Extensibility_Configurations_JSON_Schema

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.6.0/config_ref/index.html#global-preferences

Regards,

Bruno F. Cantante

Solution

Sorry, but i did as you said, but when i run my app in Outsystems now, my screen rotating in landscape orientation as well as before

gurgen10 wrote:

Sorry, but i did as you said, but when i run my app in Outsystems now, my screen rotating in landscape orientation as well as before

Hello gurgen10!
I don't know if this change works in OutSystems Now...
Try to generate a new app like Bruno said.

When i installed app on my device it works as expected, it didn't work on Outsystems Now application.

Thank You a lot ))) bfcantante and Pedro Santos

Hi everyone,

does the extensibility configurations stated above works on any kind of environment? (dev and test)?

I tried this but it doesn't work.

Thanks

puto chan wrote:

Hi everyone,

does the extensibility configurations stated above works on any kind of environment? (dev and test)?

I tried this but it doesn't work.

Thanks

Yes it does. You need to reinstall the app on the phone to see changes committed in the manifest. If it still doesnt work there may be something wrong on your code. Try to share with us.

A follow up question, is there also a way to stop the screen from rotating vertically? This code only stops the screen from rendering horizontally but it won stop it from rotating vertically if you hold phone the other way. 

Update: I found this: allButUpSideDown and I am gonna give it a shot. Let you guys know how it works, it may be helpful in the future.